Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I bet you wish...

I bet you wish you had a pile of ironing like this to do. You can tell I've put it off long enough. After 2 hours, 22 shirts, 4 shorts, 2 pants and 1 dress later, this pile was GONE. Most of the shirts were Kyle's and he kept asking me when I was going to iron, but amazingly he always had a shirt to wear the next day. He just assumed his many other shirts in his closet didn't fit and lo and behold, they did. So I teased him about that. I would be ecstatic to find 10 more shirts in my closet that fit.


I bet you wish you had matching fingernails and toenails as your daughter. Kate kept asking me to paint her nails so I did and she loved having matching colors.

I bet you wish you had a build-in photographer in the house. I was taking pictures on Sunday of the kids and Kate wanted to use my camera. Thank goodness for digital cameras where you can delete all the random pictures. :) Here is one she took of us. We had a couple retakes.

And here is a picture that Kate took of Preston playing with cars. Not too bad for an action photo. ha!


I bet you wish you had these hair clips. (not really, it just went with my post theme!) I've had some friends make these flower hair clips and I've wanted to make them for Kate. I finally found some cute white flowers and made them this afternoon. Kate LOVES flowers so this is right up her alley.

I bet you wish you had gone on our bike ride yesterday morning. (I'm super sore now- those seats are not comfy.) We haven't gone since last year so it was fun to take the kids. Kate loved it and Preston cried and almost threw up b/c he was crying so bad at the beginning. Once we got going, he calmed down and was fine. That boy does not like change- whether it be shoes, clothes, whatever. I think he'll be fine once we go on another bike ride.

11 Fabulous Comments:

Sally said...

Cute post! I like the shirt you were wearing in the picture Kate took - really cute!
I think not liking change might be a boy thing??? Calvin is that way about his routine.

Unknown said...

CUTE! OH i love kates picture and your hot blue shirt and your nails! That was super cute.

Jess said...

Thanks for the reminder that I've got ironing to do myself! ;) Have you heard of www.haloheaven.com? They have cheap flowers to do clips with...I haven't ordered any yet but I intend to because they are so cheap! Cute post.

melanie said...

That is quite the stack! 22 shirts?? You would have lost me after 6, ha.

Cute, cute hand photo with Kate.

She's a pretty good photographer too. You should see some of the dooseys I've had to delete!

Have you decided where Preston gets his unlove for change? :)

marcalicious said...

I totally need to borrow that flower clip you made for Kate. It will go super amazing w/ one of my outfits.

wandering nana said...

I had a basket that was probably about 3 times your pile...it hid in the closet under our stairs. When I needed something or if someone else needed something they pulled it out and we ironed... that's how bad I hated ironing. The basket is gone... because we moved. I still have the same philosophy but now I have fewer things that need ironing and I hang things up when they come out of the dryer (if I forget I have been known to get it lightly wet, throw in the dryer for 5 minutes and then hang it up- sick huh). Kate looks so grown up in her picture... she should take up photography, she's pretty good.

Meegan said...

yes to all those wishes. Most of all... I wish my hands looked good with my nails painted. Maybe in my next life. :)

mom2ky said...

What a beautiful little girl you have...love those eyelashes!! I do NOT like to iron and buy things that are specifically wrinkle free--for that reason! LOL

Shaila Lou said...

Oh man, your iron pile looks so much like mine. Although I've had mine since having Winston. Seriously, I just cannot keep up with it all since that kid. I figure once I get caught up, it should be easier, just have to get to that point! haha!

Love the matching fingernails. Girls are so much fun! Kate is quite the photographer as well!

Shar said...

I don't know how you get the ironing done. I can't even get the piles folded. They sit in the laundry basket, until we've eventually worn everything (wrinkled or not) and then it's dirty again.

Love the fingernails! And you are looking so GOOD!

Kati said...

Bike ride - fun! I've never had a bike but always thought it would be fun. Maybe we'll borrow sometime! :) Love the clip - you even did ribbon over it! Very cute :)