Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful Mom and Mother-in-law!!!
I had a good day with my family and a good day at Church. Preston stayed in his class the whole time, Kyle took Lindsey during the third hour and the kids gave me homemade flowers from Primary. Then, Kyle helped me make dinner (he doesn't cook so that won't ever happen. haha), he did the dishes and told me to put my feet up and relax. I played on the iPad and read magazines. Nice. ;) I told him Mother's Day should happen more than once a year!
"The noblest calling in the world is motherhood. True motherhood is the most beautiful of all arts, the greatest of all professions. She who can paint a masterpiece, or who can write a book that will influence millions, deserves the admiration and plaudits of mankind; but she who rears successfully a family of healthy, beautiful sons and daughters, whose immortal souls will exert an influence throughout the ages long after paintings shall have faded, and books and statues shall have decayed or have been destroyed, deserves the highest honor that man can give, and the choicest blessings of God." Pathways to Happiness, comp. Llewelyn R. McKay (1957), 116.
Happy Birthday Kyle!
He turned 33 on Saturday. I had a girl's camp meeting in the morning, but then in the afternoon my parents and Marci came over and we celebrated with them. My Dad took Kyle to the Traxx to go go-cart racing while we went shopping to Costco. Then we met up for dinner at Olive Garden. We came home and had cheesecake with raspberry topping.
Happy Anniversary to Us!
We also celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary last week. It was a busy week of celebrating! We actually didn't do anything for our anniversary because it was Wednesday and we had the young women come to our house for mutual. We had some guests come and teach the young women how to make mexican food. When the yw president asked to use our house, I didn't tell her it was our anniversary because I figured it was okay and we could celebrate later anyway. So it was fine, but I told my Mom and she said, "well, you can tell you've been married 11 yrs then!" haha. It's true.
We also celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary last week. It was a busy week of celebrating! We actually didn't do anything for our anniversary because it was Wednesday and we had the young women come to our house for mutual. We had some guests come and teach the young women how to make mexican food. When the yw president asked to use our house, I didn't tell her it was our anniversary because I figured it was okay and we could celebrate later anyway. So it was fine, but I told my Mom and she said, "well, you can tell you've been married 11 yrs then!" haha. It's true.
2 Fabulous Comments:
Lots of partying! Good thing Kyle likes to party so much, ha! Happy Birthday Brother.
Happy 11 years too.
You look so great with the kids! I'm glad they cooperated. Cute dress on Kate :).
Love that photo of Lindsey, she looks so happy!
love the plant.
love lindsey's teeth.
Post a Comment