
Kate's in 1st Grade!!!!
She was kind of nervous to go into 1st grade, but once she met her teacher and found out several people from her kindergarten class were in her new class she felt better about it. After school she said, "I think 1st grade is fun now". Well, that's a good thing! She also said it was a long day. She's used to half day kindergarten.

We walked to school with some neighbor friends.
L-R: Jacob, Logan, Anshu, Elsa, Dallas and Kate

Kate at her desk. She is most excited for 2 recesses and eating lunch in the cafeteria.

Kate with her 1st grade teacher Mrs. Pederson

I made this chore chart for Kate so in the mornings she knows what needs to be done before she can play the iPad or watch cartoons. Well, the first morning of school I told her to start getting ready and she said, "I know! I already made my bed!" She is on top of it. I hope this continues!

I made this school bus cake for her after school treat. I got the idea from Family Fun. It wasn't too hard to make, but the kids didn't really eat it. Hmph! Kate wants ants on a log tomorrow for her after school treat. That will be easier to make and she will probably scarf it down!
4 Fabulous Comments:
Amazing! First grade. A snack everynight to order, what a good mom. I really like your chore chart. Preston will be able to follow that too. How is Lindsey liking Kate gone all day? Great post.
Very cute! I love how nicely she posed for you at her desk. And I love the cake! Wow! What a great mom!
That school bus cake is AWESOME. Love the chore chart too. May have to start doing something like that for my kids.
Kate have a fun year being a first grader!! You look so happy. Your teacher is lucky to have you in her class. I love you and I "mist" you very much!!! Grandma Vicki :)
Post a Comment