We've heard a lot about the Great Wolf Lodge from friends that have gone and loved it. I talked Kyle into going over the kids' mid-winter break from school. We haven't stayed in a hotel since December of 2008 when we went to Jeff & Sadie's wedding! We avoid it like the plague because we have Preston. Preston has head rocked himself to sleep since he was probably 9 mo's old. It's loud and annoying. He will wake up through the night and then head rock to go back to sleep. Supposedly it's this soothing mechanism, like sucking a pacifier, but if you've ever seen him do it it does NOT look soothing! It looks awkward and I keep saying he should be a wrestler or a contortionist. Anyway, we decided to get a room that had bunk beds and was separated from the main bed. I think it was a good choice. It ended up not being too bad except he did wake up at 4:15am rocking and finally after an hour I tried scratching his back/leg/arms to get him to fall back asleep. He eventually did, but then Lindsey woke up making sounds so it wasn't the best sleep, but amazingly I wasn't too mad about it. (I like my sleep!) I wish he would stop rocking all together...then we could travel more, Disneyland maybe?! :)
Our room, the Wolf Den Suite, with the kids' bunk beds. Their little room even had a TV in it.
Every night they had story time where the kids come in their pajamas. They had this presentation and these animals, trees, kid in the tree trunk and Indian girl would come to life and sing and share a message. Then they had story time and you could meet the wolf at the end.
Preston loved this purple slide and another green slide. He would go down it over and over. He had a hard time sharing the slide the 2nd day, but overall he didn't do too bad. I just had to watch him closely. He would get frustrated when other kids beat him up the stairs to the slide.
Lindsey loved the water and slides. She thinks she's a big girl. :)
Kyle, Kate and Preston are in the wave pool. Kate LOVED the wave pool. It was her favorite and we had to beg her to go down the big slides with us. Every so often the waves would turn on and then they would have a break and then turn on again.
It was kind of nice not having to do hair and makeup while there. haha! But the next day I was super excited to wash my hair and put make-up on. :)
This tall green thing going up to the ceiling is awesome. It has a conveyor belt thingy that takes up the huge tubes that you ride for 2 of the rides. That way you don't have to haul them up all those stairs. The other 2 slides you had to carry tubes, but they were smaller and much easier to carry. Kyle and I liked the howlin' tornado slide. You sit in this 4 person tube and go through a dark tunnel, down a steep hill (we both went down it backwards!) and then you are in this huge half pipe thing and then go down a small tunnel (reminds me of a funnel) and out. It was awesome.
Exhausted after a fun trip!
A view from up above. Off to the left is the wave pool and another pool for basketball and other activities.
We survived! It was fun and we are all glad we went. Kate asked me if we could live there. She is already asking when we can go back. :)
9 Fabulous Comments:
Fun time! Tell Kate we will go back when Grandma Dee Ann can help watch the kids! Glad you had a good winter break. Sorry about the swim suit for Kate.
That looks like fun! We have a Great Wolf Lodge near us. I've always wanted to go - but we wanted to wait until I wasn't pregnant or had a newborn. You are brave!
What a fun little place. You're brave to go somewhere like that with your kids. We'd be looking to drop the kids off somewhere and us go out for the weekend. :)
FUN! Maybe I'd even like an INDOOR water park... Cute pictures. You are making many memories with your family. Good job!
Do any of your kids know how to swim? I've thought about taking our family there, but I don't know if we'd get our money's worth when none of my kids can swim yet.
Fern, Kate knows how to swim- she has taken swim lessons. The other two do fine. I have to hold Lindsey's hand in the kiddie pool b/c it's still too deep, but Preston is fine by himself. Your older boys would be fine.
you should move there ..... good suggestion Kate! :)
Best.Vacation.Ever. Ok, maybe not for some, but it looks like you guys sure had a blast!
Oh man, my kids would go crazy there. I know you can picture it! Great photos, I'm glad you guys had such a good time.
Post a Comment