On a Saturday, a couple weeks ago, we went to Yakima for the day to watch the East/West All Star Football Game. Jared had been selected to play for the East team. We were so proud of him for getting chosen! He had a fabulous game and played defense. He even got a QB sack or two (or more?! not sure).
We braved going over there and back for the day with a 2 week old baby (It's 2 1/2 hrs one way). I was feeling okay. I had been feeling worse all week because my back got tweaked so I could hardly bend over and move. It was miserable. But by Saturday I was feeling MUCH better and could actually function. I was glad because I didn't want to miss going to the game. We left later in the morning than we wanted, said goodbye to Melanie and the kids (they were going to the zoo and we wished we could have gone with them, but can't do everything!) and then hit traffic going over the pass so we got to the game 1/2 hr late. The weather was great though. I was thankful for all the help with the kids. It was kinda long to sit through for them so they were antsy and all over the place at the end. But it was the first time that a lot of my family had seen Chelsea. Jeff and Sadie drove all the way from Idaho so it was fun to see Baylor for the first time and Reagan.
Marci entertaining Reagan and Lindsey with candy. Gotta love being an aunt!
Part of the cheering squad.
The East is blue and the West is Red
During half time we let the kids run around. I thought this was adorable of Reagan and Lindsey holding hands with Marci and Jeff.
Jared is the #12 in blue. We lost in overtime, but it was so exciting at the end because we were down by a lot and made some awesome plays to tie the game with 3 seconds. So it went into overtime and each team got a chance to score from the 25 yd line. We went first and threw an interception so the red team went and scored a touchdown.
You can't go to Yakima without going to Miner's!!! Yummy! We were all SO excited to go here to eat. It was super busy so we had to wait an hour for our food which is longer than we've ever had to wait before so we weren't too happy about that, but it was worth it once we got the food. Nothing beats good hamburgers, fries with fry sauce and homemade milkshakes. Grandpa and Grandma Wright drove from Tri-Cities and met us there for dinner so they could see Chelsea and Baylor.
We made a pit stop in Ellensburg to see Grandpa and Grandma Sabin so they could see Chelsea. We changed the kids into pajamas before heading home. It was a long day, but fun to see so much family.
3 Fabulous Comments:
That sounds like a nice outing. I can't believe you did all that just two weeks after Chelsea was born. Crazy Peeps! That was so exciting to hear that Jared got picked for the All Stars game. Way to go! What a cute little baby too!
So happy you got to see so many of your family. Love seeing pictures of grandmas, Helen Jean and Joyce. Hope everyone is doing well. Great accomplishment for Jared. must have something to do with his cheerleaders! I'm sure it will be hard for your mom to pack that last mission bag.
look @ the pix of me & jeff......we are both stepping the same way/time/foot. and then look @ the kidlets --- they are stepping the same time/foot too! ha ha.
Post a Comment