Happy 3rd Birthday Lindsey!!!
She turned 3 on Sunday Aug 4th while we were at my parents house for the reunion weekend. My Mom did a yummy family dinner and I made her a Dora cake.
I'm glad my Mom has a fancy camera because she takes lots of pictures now. She took this one of Lindsey before Church. Cute. She's a sweet girl, but definitely likes to tease (she gets that from me so I can't get too mad, right?!). She is growing up fast and follows Kate and Preston around so she is learning things fast. She still likes to cuddle so she's still my little girl.
Super excited for her Dora fruit snacks and Dora movie from Kevin & Jeni and kids.
I LOVE her expression when she saw the Dora dress my Mom made for her. She loves it.
My Mom and Dad also gave her Dora and Boots dolls.
The Dora cake I made her. Kate also had a Dora party when she turned 4 so it was easy to make the same cake for Lindsey. :)
Dee Ann came out for the family dinner and gave Lindsey adorable owl pajamas and a Tangled bag.
All the kiddos around the island eating the yummy dinner of pasta with alfredo or meat sauce, homemade french bread and caesar salad. Cari and her family came out for the day too since they were still in Tri-Cities so it was fun to have them there too. Too bad we all don't live closer!
Singing Happy Birthday to Lindsey and Chelsea was trying hard to get to the cake. ha!
I did a friend party for Lindsey on Tuesday when we got back home. I had to plan and shop for everything on Monday so I was exhausted come Tuesday afternoon! Of course, we did a Dora adventure like we did for Kate. I made the gift bags to look like Dora's backpack (love pinterest and the internet!) then printed off the map and drew on it. Swiper stole the prizes for the goody bags and put them under the chocolate tree. We looked at the map to see how to get to the chocolate tree. We had to go through the bubble forest, down the slippery slide then to the Chocolate tree to get the prizes.
The kids saying, "Swiper, No Swiping!"
And I have to say that Preston was hilarious and a big help. A couple of the girls have never watched Dora so they didn't know really what we were doing or who Swiper was. But Preston was good about repeating the directions on the map like they do on Dora and saying other phrases from the show. It helped make it more authentic.
The slippery slide was blocked so we looked in the backpack and found scissors to help us cute the crepe paper.
They made it to the Chocolate tree (a tree off a Dora show)! I hung chocolate candy bars from the tree. The big box had their prizes for their goody bags which were their backpack bags. They got a ribbon wand, Dora fruit snacks, Dora stickers, Dora washcloth that grows and chocolate candy bars.
I went low key and made cupcakes with Dora cupcake toppers that I printed then put on the scalloped punch cut out.
The girls also got a Dora bracelet (yellow with a blue flower, but I didn't have blue flowers so they are butterflies).
Rylee, Ashlynn, Lindsey and Ellie
We gave Lindsey some paint and a giant paper pad for painting. We wanted to take her to Build a Bear to pick out a stuffed animal. When we went there one night we found it was closed! They are moving locations inside the mall and closed their store down until the fall. I couldn't believe it! We never go there and the one time we need to go there it's closed. We ended up getting her a Sofia the First dress-up dress a couple weeks later. Good thing she's 3 and doesn't realize she didn't get a gift from us for a couple weeks!
4 Fabulous Comments:
Adorable party! She will thank you when she's a mom...
So cute. Makes me wish I didn't have Hayden's birthday party already set this week. And I love that you still post so often.
Adorable party! You are such a good mom! Happy late birthday Lindsey!
What fun! I love all your special touches and cute (simple) details.
Post a Comment