It was a great weekend. My Mom's birthday was on Saturday and we went over and surprised her!!! She was totally surprised. I had thought of doing this earlier in the week and called Marci to see if she wanted to meet up with us in North Bend and ride over together. She was all for it. So early Saturday morning we met up and headed to my parent's house. My family was at the church cleaning it that morning and so we got home before they did. We parked the truck on the side of the house where they wouldn't be able to see it when they pulled up. Everyone knew we were coming except my Mom. When they drove up, we ran downstairs so she wouldn't see us when she walked in. Jeni and Kevin had come over the previous night for Kevin's brother's play so when my Mom came inside they tried to act normal. While they were talking in the kitchen, we sent Kate up the stairs and she said "Hi Grandma". My Mom was thinking it was Aubree or Carter, but then took a double take and saw it was Kate. Then the rest of us came up the stairs and my Mom was so surprised and happy we came over. It was fun. :) I love surprises. We had a great visit with everyone. Kate was so excited to see "Grandma Vicki" and all her cousins and be able to sleep in her pink bag (her sleeping bag!). My Mom did some games with the kids and then later that night both sets of grandparents came over for dinner and cake. We left early the next morning to get back in time for our church. It was a fun, but fast weekend.



All the kids like riding on the four-wheeler and motorcylces so Grandpa took them on a ride. Kyle also took Kate for a ride on his motorcycle. She used to be scared of the sound of them, but I think she is getting more used to it. She better since there are a bunch of motorcylces zooming around my parent's property everytime we go home! (All the boys like to ride them.)
So Happy Birthday Mom! It was fun to surprise you and I'm glad you like having us all come over there so much. You and Dad are so supportive to us kids. Thanks for all you do for us! You are a great example to us all and we are so grateful for you and Dad. We love you!!!
4 Fabulous Comments:
When I think of surprises, I think of you. I know how much you love them. And you know how much they make me crazy trying to figure them out!
I'm glad you guys had a good time. The kids look adorable on the 4 wheeler with your dad.
Happy Birthday Vicki! Nothing better than having your family around!
I think I like this blogging thing - I get to see updated pictures and read what's happening in your life as well as receive wonderful compliments and birthday wishes! What could be better than that?! I LOVED my birthday. I was absolutely totally surprised - it never even entered my mind that you guys would surprise me with a visit. It was the best gift ever.
Happy Birthday Vicki! If you don't watch out you will catch up with me!! Don't you think it's time to start a blog?
How fun for you and your mom!
Post a Comment