Monday, August 24, 2009

One Last Hurrah

We stayed at my parents house a couple weekends ago so we could have one last get together with Dee Ann and Melanie before Dee Ann flew back to Vegas. She has been up in WA for 3 weeks going back between our house and Melanie's house. When she gets back home she'll need another vacation to recover! She does a lot when she comes and visits. The kids love it when she is up here (and so do we!). My Mom, brother and two sisters went to Utah so my Dad was home alone. We kept him company and Kyle helped him on the farm. Dee Ann and Melanie's family came down to my parents' house on Saturday to swim and play. It was nice of my parents to let us use their house. :)

A tractor broke down so Kyle and the kids are in the front one towing the other one with my Dad back to the shop. I followed behind them in the car.

Kyle, Kathryn, Nathan and Dane swimming. Kate is too scared to get in the pool. For some reason she won't get in it. She'll swim like crazy in the kid pool at any public swimming pool.

On Sunday, Jeni and Kevin came out to Hebdon's to see Kevin's brother from Florida so they stopped by Sunday evening to see us before we left to go home. The kids had fun playing together. It's been a while since they've seen each other.


My Dad (carefully) taking them for a ride. (Inside story.) He's a good grandpa. Always willing to play with the kids.

4 Fabulous Comments:

wandering nana said...

Just think of the memories your kids will have of their childhood. You always have such fun gatherings. I really miss those times when the grands would come and feed the fish in the pond and even get to go fishing. Such a nice grandpa (hopefully everything turned out ok in the "inside story".

Unknown said...

OK I saw the picture before i read what was underneath it and I gasped! haha I still think about that day! I am so excited to be back there for labor day weekend!

melanie said...

It was great to hangout. Our 3 weekends together were good times, good times! Lots of photos, food and fun. Funny about the grandpa ride!

ericksonzone said...

I love the background - Have I told you that? With school starting I was thinking back to our days of going to volleyball practice and such. Crazy days so long ago! :~)