We found out on Monday that Preston has an ear infection. Everytime we went to give him his antibiotic he would spit it out and we would have to hog tie him to just get it down his throat- not fun. Kyle was talking to his Mom and she suggested putting the medicine on a spoon and giving it to him. So Kyle did that and you know what?.... it totally worked!!! He takes it without us even holding him and says "mmm". This is a miracle! Thanks Dee Ann! Now onto making an appt with an ENT for Preston. He's had 4 ear infections in 8 mo's, about time for tubes. We'll see what the specialist says.
On a random note... Could it be a law that people use cruise control? Seriously, on our way home Sunday night there was this most annoying white pick-up that we passed or they passed us a million times. Annoying!
And a shout out to my brother-in-law who got a job and started today. I'm glad for them. They really needed this and I hope it goes well. I have to admit that i'm a little jealous b/c we are still enduring this thing called unemployment. Not fun. Thank goodness for my education and that I can pick up work, but it's been tough to experience this role reversal. I want to be home and Kyle wants to be at work. It's so easy to get depressed over it and wonder about all the "what if's" and "when will he get a job?" but we have to keep plugging along and try to stay positive. It's hard, so very (emotionally) hard, especially as the time gets longer and longer.
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
A spoon full of sugar...
Written by Heidi at 9:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 Fabulous Comments:
We had two neighbor kids with ear infections this week too! There must be something out there.
I'm so sorry that this unemployment thing is so hard emotionally. At least you can be grateful it isn't terribly hard financially as well. We keep praying for you guys.
I look up to you Heidi! You have a really great attitude about the whole thing! Things will work out in the end...love you guys
UCK I hated ear infections! Aunt DeeAnn rudely did not share the sugar tip with me. It would have been a lifesaver!:) Tyson had tubes and they worked miracles for him! We are still praying for the awful u/e journey to END soon for you guys!
Just call me Mary Poppins! That little Preston is a corker that's for sure. So strong and seems like he's made up his mind about what he will do and won't do. Hmmmm... Who carries that gene? The nanny misses her job!
I'm impressed with the medicine trick too! Independent little man will take it on his terms, ha!
So funny about cruise control. That is annoying. Next time, go 85 for 10 minutes to get him out of your life.
Thanks for all the encouragement and love. It is definitely not easy. SO emotional and SO hard. So much harder than I ever thought when it started. I get teary for you missing out on staying home. As hard as it is, you are a rock star (!) for keeping it up. We do what we have to do and even though it's hard, you are doing it with a good attitude! Love you!
I hear you loud and clear Heidi. U/E is stinky. I hope Preston gets to feeling better soon:)
I had 2 kids end up with tubes. Not fun in the summer, with swimming but it made a difference.
We have been in your shoes.... it it so hard to watch the men because it does affect them. It will work out but I know that doesn't always help to hear. The biggest thing..... have patience with one another. My big regret was NOT having something to fall back on.
You're in our prayers too.
being a working mom is so hard. I understand your feelings completely, Heid! It's hard not to feel resentment toward each other or anger or frustration. And then when I read the proclamation on the family, I feel guilty and frustrated and sad all over. But Heavenly Father has a plan for us. He knows the righteous desires of our hearts and will bless us at the right time with them. :)
I love you, Heidi. You are such a strong person. Things will look up for you soon.
Maybe you just need to try a spoon. . . oh wait :)
You guys are such troopers, and so inspiring to all of us! I wish you didn't have to go through this, but hopefully it will end soon! How funny the spoon thing worked - that's great :)
I was too young to remember the experience of having tubes in my ears but I wish technology had been as awesome as it is today! Goodluck finding an answer! And I am sorry the job search is SO slow...the pay in UT is lower but so is the cost of living (wink, wink) :P Seriously, though, here's cool website if you guys are looking out of state...
http://www.jobs.utah.gov/jobseeker/dwsdefault.asp
Hang in there! :)
Jake had to get tubes about a year ago, poor guy had one infection after another...they even moved from one ear to the next. Toss me an email if you want the name. They are in Mill Creek (Towne Center) and fabulous! :)
Dana.
Post a Comment