Thursday, December 17, 2009

Bright Lights

We went to look at Christmas lights tonight. I was supposed to go to a Board meeting tonight (i'm the secretary for our homeowner's association), but due to a sore throat and then losing my voice I opted to not go. Instead, we went to this neighborhood that seriously gets into the Christmas Spirit. Several homes go all out and decorate their houses, yards and streets. You can donate food for a food bank and they give you candy canes. They even have speakers set up around the neighborhood playing Christmas music. We stopped and got hot chocolate before seeing the lights. It was fun and Kate and Preston liked all the lights and blow up toys. We even saw some fancy one's where Santa goes up and down the chimney. :)

Not having a voice is kind of frustrating! I've been doing a lot of clapping to get people's attention. ha ha! Then I have to use sign language or whisper because it takes too much energy to talk. I'm hoping I get over this soon because we have a baptism to attend for my nephew this weekend. My Mom called and she said, "well, you have been fun to talk to!" Because I don't talk! Ha ha! Kyle said he is my ventriliquist. Kyle wants me to get my voice back because he has to do all the disciplining and I can't explain things to him and I expect him to read my mind. See having your voice is a good thing. Be grateful for your voice...even if your kids want you to lose it. ;0

4 Fabulous Comments:

Sally said...

I completely lost my voice once for a week and it was awful! SO sorry. We love looking at lights too! I hope your voice comes back soon!

Sara said...

That is so funny what Mom told you!! Ha ha ha!!
And your clapping!! That is awesome.
Can't wait to see you guys soon :)

Stephanie said...

Sorry about the voice. I remember for a couple years I'd lose my voice everytime the season changed and it was soooo frustrating. I agree with Sara though the clapping thing has got to be quite entertaining.

melanie said...

I'm with Sara, the clapping is cracking me up. I'm sure my kids wish I would lose mine. :)

We need to drive around and check out the lights. Not sure if there are any whole neighborhoods doing it anymore. Glad you guys had fun.