We stayed at my parent's house for a week. It was a long time and we had fun visiting other family and playing games galore. I played more games over that week than I have in a long time. It was so much fun. It was mainly Marci, Sadie, Sara, Jared and I that played the most games. We played Mario on the Wii, a million games of Transamerica (my family loved that game), Settler's of Catan and then battleship and boggle on the Wii. It was great. We joked that our bums were getting sore from sitting so much. :) Almost all of us went up to the high school gym and played basketball together on Christmas Eve. It was so much fun. One of my friend's that I graduated with from HS came with her husband who coaches Jared in basketball. They were so nice to come and play with us. I hadn't played in forever, but I was surprised how I did. I was so sore afterwards though. We also had time to go to Miner's on Christmas Eve, which was so exciting for all of us since we love that place. Jared had a basketball game one night that I was able to go watch. He played on Varsity for that game so that was exciting. He's a good kid...seriously, he is so nice.
Kyle's extended family got together after Christmas and I made sure we were invited. :) They are fun to be with and all of his cousins's were visiting from out of state so we all got together. It was fun. We played some games and the girls' totally should have won. ha ha. The adults all gathered at Matt and Courtney's house while the boy kids were at Becky's and the girl kids were at Kent and Lousie's. We left Preston home with my parent's, but we dropped Kate off with the girls. When we picked her up she had dried oatmeal on her face and an extra ponytail. She told us they put oatmeal on their faces with cucumbers on their eyes and got their hair fixed. A little spa treatment. She thought it was so cool. Thanks girls!
This picture is kind of fuzzy, but the best I had. Back row L-R: Courtney, Heather, me, Melanie, Holly and Nicki. Front row L-R: Natalie (due next month!), Brenda, Whitney and Brittany.
Preston is destructo at my Mom's house. He somehow found the markers and went to town writing on his face, arms and on my Mom's office mat that the chair rolls on. That came off easily, good thing he didn't write on the carpet. He also loved watching the digital photo frame, but the last 2 days we were there he started pushing it off the table and almost broke it. Geesh!
The night before we left it snowed! We were all excited to see some snow. Kate especially since she wanted it to snow on Christmas. She bundled up and went outside to make snow angels and play with Jared.
Preston lasted 2 seconds in the snow, but then my Dad took him on the four wheeler for a ride and he was fine on that for a while. 
I got new dishes for Christmas from my parent's. They are really cute. I got them at the Corelle outlet. They are to replace my other dishes I got almost 10 years ago when we first got married. My old plates have seen better days so it was time for new one's. I think I'm going to like these for a while. They go great with my red and black decor. 
7 Fabulous Comments:
Very cute pics.
About time Boulder Resort gets snow!
What a wild couple of weeks. It was so fun to come and spend time with you guys. It always seems to pass so quickly. I'm in the airport now and it's hard to believe I'm already going back to Vegas....... Work! ugh! Loved all the pictures! Cute plates! Sounds like all the Sabins had a great Christmas! Will talk to you soon. Luv ya....... G'Ma Dee Ann
i love your new dishes! They are awesome.
I'm not sure this is an "amazing comment" but I love the dishes and I can't believe you are just now getting Settlers of Catan! We used to be addict ed to that game and had some friends (pre-kids) that we would stay up with until 3:00 a.m. playing that game. Too competitive :)
What a fun Christmas! I love the dishes. That makes me think I'm due for some new dishes soon. We've been married for seven years.
We usually play a lot of card games at my mom's, but we weren't really there all that much. Jason's working nights and has to sleep into the day so it wasn't really conducive to a long stay at either parent's house. Oh well!
What is with the way I'm sitting in that photo? Honestly, I look like I'm due last week!
Love all the photos. I want square plates too, they are cute.
Cute dishes! Were your old ones Pfaltzgraff Filligree? For some reason I think you had the same ones as us. Do you still have them?
Post a Comment