Friday, January 29, 2010

Example Goes a Long Ways

My brother Jared is a stud. He is 16 years old, goes to seminary, plays sports and does a good job in school (right Mom?). But what amazes me most is how he is such a good example to other's at school. He is playing basketball right now and there is a kid on his team that used to drink and swear. He told Jared that since he has known him he hasn't sworn or drank for over a month. How cool is that? Because of Jared he stopped doing those things?! I don't think Jared told him to stop those things, but he just saw Jared NOT doing them and wanted to follow his example. When Jared told me this story I kept asking him questions and analyzing it because I was so impressed with it. Also, Jared let this kid borrow his tie because he didn't have any (they dress up for game days) and I told Jared to just give him the tie and Jared was like "i will." I also told Jared he should invite him to Church. :) What a cute brother I have.

On another good note...I went to Old Navy a couple weeks ago to take advantage of the 50% off clearance sale and got some good deals. Well, I went back today because I needed to return some things that I bought for Kyle that didn't work out and they are having this 2-day 30% off sale this weekend. I returned the things and asked for a price adjustment on some prego capris and a swimsuit for Kate that I bought for full price. Well, the lady said she could do it, but it would take a while because she had to return everything I bought 2 wks ago and then "buy" it again and my receipt was long. Well, she finishes and tells me how much I'm getting back and I'm like sweet. Well, once I left I looked at the receipt and saw that she had not only given me 30% off the items I had purchased at regular price, but she gave me an additional 30% off all the clearance items I had bought!!!! I got back an extra $25 or more than I expected! Woo hoo!!! I kept telling Kyle how cool that was and how nice it was of her to do that for me. So I got 50% off the clearance price and then another 30% off that price! Amazing deals!
I'm enjoying a yummy butterfinger blizzard right now thanks to joining Dairy Queen's Blizzard fan club and getting a BOGO free blizzard. Join!

5 Fabulous Comments:

melanie said...

Jared is a good kid! I love his smile and how much he plays with the kids. He acts like he never gets tired of it, even if he is. Great quality.

Love the $$ back deal. Genius to ask for the price adjustment. Go Heidi!!

I joined the Blizzard of the Month club and printed my BOGO free coupon and now after reading this, I want one!

Sara said...

Jared is my favorite little brother!!!!!!! He rocks! Also, did you mention that he's amazing at Mario??? Yup, he's overall awesome.

And I joined Blizzard club too! I can't wait. I might need to plan out which flavor I am gonna get. It's a big deal.

Vicki Sabin said...

Jared's too embarrassed to post a comment - but he loved this post and is enjoying the comments. I agree - he is a good kid. But the reason is because he's had such good examples from his older brother and sisters! I mean, how can he go wrong?!?!

Brenda said...

What a great Uncle to have for your kids!

Ashley said...

I love the example Jared is for my boys! They love him. Actually, I've had comments from people in the community about how they love how happy your family is, and how you all are not afraid to have fun together.