Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bikes and Bunk Beds

We have been enjoying the mild winter and getting outside more. Last year, we had tons of snow and this year we have had only one time of any snow that we could actually play in. In a way, it's kind of nice, but then it doesn't feel like winter either.

Kate likes riding her bike at the "bike park". That's what she calls this park we go to that has a path around a baseball field and BMX track. Kyle and I pushed Preston in a stroller while Kate rode, but now that she is riding a bigger bike she goes faster so we had to keep having her stop so we could catch up. It's by a park and ride so there can be some shady people around and we wanted to see her at all times. :)

This should be a picture from fall, but it's really winter! They had fun running around. There is also a small playground so we went over there and let them play until Preston started crying because his hands and nose were bright red and cold.

Preston on his new big boy bed
We finally got our bunk beds put together. We ordered one a while ago and it said it was white. Well, we put it up against Kate's bedding and it was off-white and you could tell. So I knew that would bug me. So we kept that one (in case I liked it better than the other one) and ordered a different type of bunk bed and waited for that to come. We ordered them from Walmart so they ship free to the store- fabulous. Well, it came and it was definitely white so we returned the first one. We were nervous how Preston would do in a bed and so far so good. He goes down fine at night and for naps. So far he doesn't get out of it in the morning, he usually waits until we come in there, then he gets up. I don't know how long that will last. I'm sure he'll figure out he can get up and start playing with his toys soon enough.

Kate posing on her new bed. She was being silly.
We bought a new mattress from Costco for Kate's bed and gave Kate's old mattress to Preston. It's a joke because the old mattress is awful. It's hard and not comfortable. Several of our family members have slept on it and we regret not spending more money on a nicer one. When we bought it we were trying to be cheap and figured Kate wouldn't care. Well, she didn't, but our visitors did! They were good sports about it, but now we can honestly say that Kate's bed is very comfortable! It makes me want a new bed even more since ours is 10yrs old. I think we'll eventually put the beds together to make it a bunk bed once the baby comes. Kate is SO excited to sleep on the top bunk. We will find out in a few weeks what we are having so once we know then we can plan out the bedroom situation.
I have been feeling good except yesterday at work I threw up- not pregnancy related either! I started shaking while cleaning my patient's teeth and I knew I was about to throw up. I just excused myself and said I'd be right back. Afterwards, I just went back to my patient and started where I left off. I didn't tell her where I was either! I felt better after that though and stayed and finished out the day. I was so wanting to take a nap during lunch time. After work, I went home and relaxed and didn't eat anything. I finally started eating today, but even then nothing sounded good. Kate threw up Monday night as well. I was with some friends over the weekend and one of them got sick so I'm thinking I got it from her, not sure, but I'm hoping Preston or Kyle don't get it. At least, the sickness didn't last long and it went away fast. It makes me even more grateful that I don't get morning sickness during pregnancy where I throw up b/c that would get hard working on patients and having to run to the bathroom all the time. Yuck.

9 Fabulous Comments:

marcalicious said...

love the new blog background.
love that i get to leave the first comment on both these posts tonight. ...usually there are 18 comments before I read it.
and especially LOVE the fact that I will have a much better slumber on the new bed when i need a good ole' nap when i visit.

Rose said...

Yeah, good thing you didn't tell your patient where you were! I'd be grossed out if I were the patient and the hygienist told me that she just barfed! :) Sounds like you handled it well!

Cute beds! Can't wait to find out what you have!

Also, regarding your other post, good luck to Preston with his speech therapy! My son had to do that, and he's doing VERY well now!

ericksonzone said...

Yuck-o! on the throwing up! Not fun! That's good that you were able to finish out the day and not have any major incidents while working with people. That would have been an experience.

Yes, the beds are very cute. Emma and Paul loved their bunk beds. I can't wait to hear what you're having.

melanie said...

I felt so bad for you! Been there, done that, don't want to do it again. I'm glad it all went away. Any Rhodes Roll recipes help you start eating again? :)

Cute beds!

Such a good mom to watch out for the 'sketchy peeps'. I'm the same way. She does so good on a bike, cute little photo.

I don't feel like it's winter at all either. Weird year.

Kahana said...

Yay for bunk beds. I might actually do that too with my kids bed. Im glad you guys are feeling better. Ryleigh did that whole throwing up thing on Tuesday night too and was totally fine on Wednesday. Thank heavens everyones sickness only lasted for a little while!

Kahana said...

haha i just realized we have the same background. too funny :)

Jessica said...

We too have one kid with a good mattress and one with a bad one. Good thing is that Jillian can't tell so she never knew when Janaya begged to switch mattresses and we switched them.

Vicki Sabin said...

Cute bunk beds! I don't envy you making them when they're assembled together though - not my favorite memory. I'm so impressed how well Preston has done sleeping in a big boy bed. Way to go Preston!

Granny DeeAnn said...

Well Vicki, at least you have a memory of changing the sheets. When Melanie put up her kids' bunk beds she made the remark... "Oh mom, now I know why you never changed our sheets!" Well she might not have that memory, but I do! It's a nightmare memory. Heidi at least wait to put them together after you have the baby. Not a fun chore on a baby tummy! lol