These are my friend's that came to the surprise party that Kyle planned for me! I turn 30 on Tuesday (sniff, sniff) and I'm the type that likes to have friends over for a party. Kyle is the type that likes to keep it simple and easy. Well, lucky for him he is married to me and got to plan this whole thing on his own! I'm just glad he did. It was a lot of fun. I wasn't really surprised...I kind of knew something was going on, but that's okay. It was still fun. (Even though I realized I like surprising people WAY more than being surprised!). Kyle was "running errands" while I took both kids to the Stake Primary Activity in the morning. He was setting up for the party and buying stuff. After dinner, he got me to go to the Church with him claiming we had to get some paper products from the Activities closet for a friend of ours in the Bishopric. We got to the Church and there were only a few cars in the parking lot and I didn't recognize any of them. Well, Kyle had told everyone to park in the HS parking lot next to the church. We went inside the Church and headed to the Activities closet. Kate asked to go into the gym to play so we went in there and that's where everyone was!
Kyle set up the couches and chairs from the church foyer's into the gym to make it a living room setting. (cute idea!) Then he asked two young women to come babysit while the adults could hang out and play games. We played a game like catch phrase and then we played the game Curses. We laughed a lot and snacked on popcorn, pop, licorice and peanut M&M's. After the games we cut the monstrous 4-layer chocolate cake from Coscto and had ice cream. It was a great night. Thanks Kyle for planning everything (it was perfect!) and thanks to everyone for coming! :)

12 Fabulous Comments:
that is soooo cute! i didn't know he did that. what a fun night!
You know it's true love when Kyle plans a surprise party that includes lots of people and GAMES!! I'm so glad you had a good time even though you knew something was up. Wish we were closer, we would have been playing those games with you.
The 30s are much better than the 20s. That's what everyone's saying. Help me remember that when I hit the 'mid 30s' in 6 months!!!
Happy Birthday tomorrow. I thought I better tell you early because with my track record I'll forget. Ha! That sounds like a lot of fun. Way to go Kyle! One question: Why wasn't I invited? :)
It really was a fun night.... even that dumb game. Next time the women need to be really mean (can't believe the your hubby knew "bobbin"). Kyle really did a good job.... We all wished he would have let us help more.
Way to go Kyle!! Glad you had fun Heidi.... 30? I remember when you were born. I guess I was about 30+. You know back when I had a memory! Just remember tomorrow, the card is in the mail! lol
Happy Birthday!!!
Happy Birthday Heidi! That sounds like fun. I wish we could have been there to celebrate with you. Way to go Kyle! What a good husband.
Happy Birthday! Great job Kyle! The 30's really aren't so bad!
That sounds like so so so much fun! He did a way good job! Happy bday tomorrow I am sure you will get a call from me...maybe later in the day though cause I have to work tonight! Love you tons!
Good boy Kyle! Glad you had fun. Hope you have a great birthday. Wish we could have been there! (I hated turning 30 too. 20's was a good age to be in my opinion!)
I wondered if you had any idea about it. I wish we could have come. Hope you have a great birthday tomorrow!!!!
NICE Kyle! Happy Birthday tomorrow!
Good one Kyle, guess DeeAnn did raise him right after all!! Happy Birthday Heidi!
Post a Comment