Lindsey Joy Lublin
Born on August 4th, 2010 at 3:48 am
9 lbs 11 oz, 20 in long
I went in on Tuesday night to get induced. I was supposed to go in on Monday, but the hospital was very busy (it was very annoying having to wait around for the call and also the false hope that I would get in and then not) so I got pushed back to Tuesday and then almost was pushed back until Wednesday, but my Doctor was on-call at the hospital on Tuesday so he asked that they have me come in at night and then I could have the baby before he got off the next morning at 7 am. My doctor told me I wouldn't be in the hospital if he wasn't working because it was so busy. He already delivered 7 babies before mine! So I told him how thankful I was for having me come in anyway. They tried 5 times to get my IV in (it was SO painful, my right hand ended up with 2 blown-out veins so I couldn't really make a fist- Sadie, you would have died! I needed you as a nurse!)
I love this picture of her on her stomach with her chubby bum and rolls on her back showing. So cute.

I was surprised at how fast the induction went. By the time they got my IV working it was 9:30pm. I was having some contractions by 11pm and the worse one's were around 1:30am. I asked for an epidural around 2am and I was dilated to a 5. Then after I got my epidural around 2:30 the doctor came in to check me and break my water. I was a 7 at that time. Then 45 minutes later I was a 10 and almost ready to push! It went fast- I was glad about that. I could still feel the contractions through the epidural, but it took the edge off and so pushing went well and fast. They had to have me slow down with pushing her out and she was born after a few pushes.
New Daddy!

My Mom came over last Saturday to stay with us because all my stand-by people were leaving this weekend and I wouldn't have anyone to help watch the kids. It was nice to have her come a couple days before the baby came because she could see our routine and Preston could get used to having her around (he's in the stage of where he only wants Mommy or Daddy to give him something, but he bonded with my Mom when she got here- phew!).

Kate was so happy and excited to see Lindsey. She will be a good big sister and helper. She is in love with babies.


Preston was content eating his Cars fruit snacks and watching from a distance. He wasn't too interested in holding her.

My Mom with her 8th grandchild. :) It has been so nice to have her here knowing the kids are in good hands. They are having fun with her.

I tried doing a quick photo shoot before leaving the hospital. She's been a good baby so far- let's hope it lasts. :)

Kate made the little baby on this welcome home sign. So cute.

Home sweet home! Being greeted by everyone. She has some marks on her nose and they are bruises from being so squished in me. Poor girl. Look at that double chin! We think she looks like me when I was a baby.

Already having a nap in her crib.
19 Fabulous Comments:
She is absolutely adorable Heidi! I cannot wait to meet her! Oh those cheeks are unreal! Reagan looks tiny compared to her! I cant wait for them to meet and be great friends! Hope your doing great! Love you tons!
Cute!!! I love those cheeks! Hopefully she will continue to be a good baby for you!!
Look at those cheeks! I love the huge grin on Kate's face when she is walking into your hospital room. You look great!
Seriously, when I had Jackson, it took them 5 tries before they got the IV in me too! It hurt so bad everytime the blood pressure cuff would blow up.
I'm so glad little Lindsey is here safely. What a cutie. Wish we were there to meet her. We are in Nebraska right now, on our way to Utah.
She is cute and I'm glad she is here safe and sound. Congrats Heidi and Kyle.
I can't believe she was almost 10lbs. But I know how you feel because Isabelle was almost 10lbs to.
Congrats guys!!! She is so stinking cute and chubby. LOVE IT!! Hope the first few weeks go good for you, and you get a little sleep! CONGRATS again!! :0)
Oh my word she is simply a doll. I love her already. I can't wait to hold that baby chub and kiss her cheeks. I LOVE the photo of Kate checking her out with that huge smile. Her going home outfit wont fit long, she's going to burn through those little clothes in the next week! And she doesn't even have that newborn look in her carseat. I hope she stays sweet and content too, you deserve it! Love you guys, congrats!
I feel like I'm holding Heidi when she was a baby.... She's so fun to hold - so cuddly and soft and chubby. I'm so blessed and thankful. Nothing better than being a grandma!
i want to eat her cheeks.
i think she is the spitting image of you -- so far. if she gets cuter than she looks like me.... ;)
i get to see those chubby cheeks tomorrow!!!!! woo hoo!
i can't wait. i better get my arms warmed up and stretched, i don't want to pull a muscle holding her! :)
i get to see those chubby cheeks tomorrow!!!!! woo hoo!
i can't wait. i better get my arms warmed up and stretched, i don't want to pull a muscle holding her! :)
Congrats, Heidi! How exciting! I hope you are getting some rest :) !!
So cute! It made me smile to see the pictures of Lindsey. Congratulations! You just had a baby! I'm so glad that you were able to get in and didn't have to wait any longer. I'm so glad that epidural (thumbs up and a wink) and delivery went well. What a sweet little blessing added to your family. I love Kate's reaction to her. She will be a great big sister. How nice that your mom is there to keep things together at home. Love you lots Heids!
Congrats. She is so beautiful. I can hardly wait to see her. Hope you are doing well.
Hope your getting so rest, but having a brought home a few babies I know that it is a futile hope!! So glad everyone is safe and sound. Just a side note, my biggest baby (Zoe) was 9lbs. 6oz. and she was my best sleeper, by 6 weeks 11 hours a night! My fingers are crossed for you!
Oh my goodness Heidi, she is adorable! I love the baby chub! I just can't believe how big she was. I bet you were dying. I'm so glad to hear that things went well. I hope they continue to, and you are all adjusting well.
Dang! I thought I had already commented. CONGRATS! She is a beauty and there is just so much of her to love! ;) I'm sending perfect sleeper wishes your way!
Yay! She is one of the "healthiest" newborns I've ever seen! I bet it's nice having Kyle around right now ;) Gotta look at the bright side of things to this yucky economy. Todd was home for a month after I had Austin and I never felt sleep deprived. Granted I didn't have 2 others at the time...
Over 9 pounds! Wow! I bet you were glad to have that epidural!
Congratulations! She is cute!
Post a Comment