Happy 4th of July!!!
Kyle decided this is his favorite holiday. There are fun things to do, it's sunny and there's yummy food. I agree! We had a long weekend at my parent's house. Kyle had to go to Moses Lake for work so while he went there, my Mom and I went to Tri-Cities on Friday to visit Melanie and the kids, Grandma Great {Arlene}, Grandpa & Grandma Wright and Jeni and her kids. I finally got a pedicure- a certificate from Christmas- and went to Hobby Lobby for my first time. Jeni helped me find some cute decorations and I wished we had a store like that over here. It's amazing... and overwhelming! ha! Then the guys met us in town and we had dinner with them. Then they went to see Transformers 3. Over the weekend we did lots of swimming (forgot to put sunscreen on the kids- not good), riding four-wheelers, motorcycle riding, eating, slip n' sliding, picking cherries and riding tractors.
L-R: Logan, Paige, Kate, Dallas Carter, Preston, Asher and Aubree
And they're off! They had a few spectators along the way and even threw out some candy to them.
Pinata time!
The crowd gathering for the firework show. Several neighbors also came down to join us. My Dad had Kyle's uncle get us some good fireworks (the good illegal kind).
My friend and neighbor, Darbi, and I. Her and her husband and three kids (Logan, Dallas and Asher) came over for the day. I talk about going home a lot and we have been wanting them to come visit so now they have experienced it. She wants to move over there now. Haha! They all loved it and kept saying how much fun it was there. We took them on a drive to show them around and they even got to see hay getting baled and pick cherries. I'm glad they came. My Dad's two brothers also came over for the 4th. It was a full house.
2 Fabulous Comments:
I'm sure Darbi did have a good time. Your mom, you and your family are such awesome fourth of July hosts! Ah, it makes me miss the Saben Resort. What fun we had there too! Miss you guys!
Oh how fun! I love all the pictures! You look hot in the last one! The picture of Lindsay is adorable I love her swimsuit and hat oh she is so cute and all those matching shirts in the first one! Love love love it!
Post a Comment