Wednesday, July 20, 2011

American Girl Doll Night Out!

A new American Girl store opened up in Seattle, well actually it's at the Alderwood Mall in Lynnwood which is only 10 minutes from us, but they call it the Seattle store. Anyway, my friend told me about it opening up a few months ago so we went online to make dinner reservations at the Bistro. You can even bring your doll to come eat with you. Kate was so excited to go and take Kimberly (her "fake" american girl doll until she gets older and can have a real one) and I was excited to see the new store and all the cute dolls.


My Mom made Kate a few princess dresses for Christmas for Kimberly so Kate thought of dressing up in her cinderella dress and matching her doll. Right before this, I had taken Kate to the urgent care to have her pinky toe checked out. She had cut it pretty good last week and I tried glueing it, but it wasn't getting better and I was afraid of infection. So sure enough there was a little bit of infection so we got some topical antibiotic. She has to wear a sock to keep it covered with the medicine on so she got to wear socks with her fancy shoes. ;)


We got to choose another doll to join us for dinner. Kate named her Ally. Ally had just gotten her hair done at the doll salon, they have one in the store, and it looked so cute. I should have combed out Kimberly's hair before because it was atrocious.


Kate enjoying a strawberry sparkler. She thought it was delicious. She says, "don't you wish you had gotten this Mom?"


A picture of Kate feeding Kimberly, they brought out little cups and plates for the dolls.


I got a panini, turkey on sourdough bread, and Kate got macaroni and cheese with "lots of cheddar cheese" and a fruit kabob. Kate says, "this is so cheesey, do you wish you had this Mom?"


Kate enjoying her strawberry sundae. She saw other people getting one and was begging to get one. They ran out of whipped cream so she didn't get any on her sundae and that's her favorite part!!! Because the service was SO slow and we had to wait 20 mins to be seated (we had reservations and they were running behind) we got a free picture of us in an American Girl frame and a free dessert.


Kate posing with Kanani, a new doll. We went shopping after dinner and it took Kate a while to pick out some outfits. She had birthday money that she has been saving for this. She finally chose a wedding dress with a veil, shoes and a purse with an adorable rosette on it. Then she chose silk pajamas with fuzzy slippers. They have some cute clothes! During check-out (and during decision time) Kate started crying because I used all her birthday money (and then some of mine!) to buy the clothes. We had a lengthy (and heated) discussion on the way home of why she was saving her money and how come she was throwing a fit about it. I wasn't too happy about her behavior either.


Now she wants a real American Girl doll, a cheerleading outfit with pom poms, a bed with a quilt, mattress and pillow for her doll and a ballerina outfit. I'm sure the list will get longer. I told her to start saving her money!



12 Fabulous Comments:

Granny DeeAnn said...

You will have to let Kate know maybe she can talk Grandma Dee Ann into a few things...... What a fun time for Mommy and Kate. At the end she was probably over stimulated and tired. Remember she's six! Glad you had a great time.

Vicki Sabin said...

How Fun! I've been waiting for this post so I could "be" there (virtually). What a fun, memorable event for her. Now she has a wish list!

Chelle said...

What a fun mommy/daughter date - I wish I had a little girl just so I could take her there! I love how Kate kept asking you if you wished that you had what she had - made me laugh out loud. She's a lucky girl!

Jeni said...

Fun!! Aubree would LOVE to go there! I had heard about it awhile ago but haven't mentioned it to Aubree because that is all I would hear about! :)

It is hard for kids to understand the concept of money, but it sounds like it was a good learning experience for her. :)

Fern said...

I am insanely jealous. It's a good thing I'm having a girl, because if I wasn't and an American Girl store opened this close to me I'd probably have a melt-down a'la Kate too!
Also, I'm glad you had such a good reason for Kate wearing socks with her princess shoes or I would have totally called her out on that fashion violation. Not. haha:)

Sally said...

What a fun date! She looks like she had a great time!

melanie said...

What a fun date (minus the meltdowns)! I'm hoping we can take Kathryn sometime soon. She would be in doll heaven for sure. Great photos, you are such a good mom.

Sabin Family said...

How fun! I'll have to take Makenna there when she is older. Kate is getting so big and so grown up!

Amanda said...

That is so cool! I didn't know they actually have stores! I get their catalog in the mail and Izzy instantly steals it. I know she would LOVE to visit a store and, of course, have a real American Girl Doll too.

Tamara said...

What a fun mom/daughter date. Kate is too cute with her doll. I am looking forward to doing things like this with my daughter.

ericksonzone said...

That is a lot of fun. Julie, Corey's wife, was selling dolls. They weren't American Girl Dolls, but they were still expensive. So we've settled for the walmart knock off doll and clothes. That seems to be working right now. ;)

Felder Funnies said...

Heidi-- hey girl!! I was in your Cheney Ward forever ago!! Amanda Huff found my blog and now I found yours!! Your little family is so cute! Robyn Felder