Saturday, August 6, 2011

Pioneer Children Sang as They Walked

I haven't blogged for a while, I know. I keep putting it off to do other things.

Here's a recap from our 24th of July celebration weekend at my parent's house. Jeff and Sadie came home for the weekend so we all came home too.


The kids in the car on the way to Grandma's house. Kate counts how many freeways or highways we have gone on and then she knows when we are almost there. And there are 4 if you want to know. Lindsey squeals and screams unless you talk to her or have a camera on her, then she is quiet. I am tempted to put a video camera on her the whole time! Her screams are loud. I did get it on video and it's pretty funny. Preston usually plays and eats and bugs Kate. It's a fun drive. At least it's only 2 1/2 hrs.


Once we are at Grandma's (and Grandpa's) the kids are in the pool most of the time and the food is plenty. So was the sun, which was nice since we haven't seen much of it here in Seattle.


Aubree, Carter and Kate on the high dive. They were doing their trick jumps. They are brave to jump off there. I have done it a few times and I still get butterflies.


In honor of Pioneer Day, we had some gunny sack races for the kids.


And gunny sack races for the adults.


Some wheelbarrow races for the kids. We also did some 3 legged races.



Lindsey walks everywhere and she's hard to pin down and get a picture of. And hard for her to look at me when taking the picture!


Reagan's birthday was the following week so we celebrated it early with everyone. I loved her facial expression when she saw this doll that my Mom had made for her. Too cute!!!


Digging in to her rainbow cake that Sadie made. It was fun to watch. She had an audience. All the other kids were watching her and wanting her to make a mess.


My Mom sent us home on Sunday night with her delicious homemade donuts covered with maple glaze to also celebrate Pioneer Day. We should celebrate Pioneer Day more often!

3 Fabulous Comments:

Rose said...

Ooh, those donuts look soooooo good. Maybe your mom would be willing to share her recipe? :)

Fern said...

Your mom's house looks like so much fun! I wish I had somewhere like that to go and escape this dreary summer.

marcalicious said...

i love that kate counts the freeways. ah cute.