My family took me camping for my very first time! We went to Ensign Ranch and camped with Melanie & Milo and their kids along with Grandma Dee Ann. I loved getting dirty. I liked eating rocks, sticks and anything else I found on the ground. Nathan, Kathryn and Dane entertained me a lot and took me on little nature walks.

Here I am sitting in a camp chair like a big girl.

I slept in the smaller tent. I was bundled up in 2 layers of pajamas because it got so cold at night. My family and Grandma Dee Ann slept in the bigger tent. I slept bad the first night and really good the second night.

Uncle Milo and my Dad had to move this heavy picnic table over to our camp area so we could have a extra one. A man from Ensign Ranch came around in the morning to make sure no one was stealing picnic tables from other campsites. He used a loader to move them around because they are so heavy. You wouldn't want to get caught stealng one! haha! This one was a freebie so we got it.

Me with Preston and Kate eating Pirate's Booty

The cousins found a creek nearby and instantly made it their fort and secret play area. Kate even swam in the cold water! Reed and Preston threw rocks and sticks in the water.

Roasting marshmallows and making S'mores. We were lucky to be able to have a fire. There was a burn ban in the county, but the place we stay at is pre approved to have contained cooking fires. We sure needed the fires for the cold nights. Grandma Dee Ann from Las Vegas was freezing! :)

The older kids rode horses. They loved it.

We went for a canoe ride. It didn't last long though. My Mom and Dad were not doing good at working together to steer the canoe (!), I was about to go overboard because I was moving around so much, Kate was whining that she was done and Preston was playing in the water. It was a short ride.

The slip n' slide was the favorite. It was open all day long so we spent several hours there. I went down with my Mom and kind of liked it. I was a little scared at first, but was fine. It was really hot so it was nice to cool off.
L-R: Reed, Dane, Kathryn, Kate, Nathan and Preston
The die hard slip n' sliders!
It was fun to camp with my family. I will have to tell them to take me again!
7 Fabulous Comments:
Lindsey, i'm glad you enjoyed your camping adventure! Maybe your next adventure can be to visit your Aunt Marci.
xoxo
Such a cute post! Sounds like a fun camping trip!
Adorable post Lindsey!! I'm working on mine too, with school coming tomorrow if I don't hurry, it will be another lost post.
You sure were fun to camp with cousins Nathan and Dane loved taking you on walks and following you around.
Great photos too!
Thanks for the post Lindsey Lou Hoo! Grandma Dee Ann was so lame and didn't take out her camera once. I can't wait to put your darling little face on my iPad! Miss you....
Cute post! I LOVE the first picture of you...too cute!! Just think...next year will be even more fun for you to go camping!
How Fun! WE so wanted to go camping this year, but didn't quite make it. Target even had this really great tent on sale...and we missed it! But you mentioning Ensign and Horse rides gave me the most fabulous idea. Claire wants to ride a horse sooooooo bad. Maybe we'll have to go to Ensign. I'd love to hear more about where you stayed, how much etc. Were you in a cabin?
Lindsey will you update my blog with a fun post like this one? I LOVED your picture of you sitting in your little chair - ADORABLE! You make me smile Little Lindsey Loo Hoo!!
Post a Comment