Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Baby Chelsea


I was supposed to go in at 7:30am on Friday morning to get induced (I was 39 weeks), but they called at 5am cancelling because there was no beds available. This was me on Friday when I couldn't get in to the hospital to get induced. I wasn't very happy by the end of the day. It's frustrating to be told one thing and not have it work out. We spent our day shopping and making and eating cinnamon rolls.


The nurse called me at 6:30am and 7am trying to let me know that they had a bed available and I could come in. Well, my phone was downstairs so I didn't get their message until 7:30 and so I called them back letting them know I was coming. We checked into the hospital a little after 8am. It was a LONG day because the hospital was changing over to a new computer program so no one really knew what they were doing. It was such a long process to get medication and everything else. They kept apologizing, but it really was a longer day because of it. I started the pitocin after 11am (yes it took that long to get going! ugh!) and by 6pm I was still  3-4 cm dilated (I was a 2 when I went in in the morning). The nurse and doctor recommended breaking my water to get things going. They broke my water at 7pm, then I got my epidural (heaven) and by 9:10pm I was ready to push! It went fast. Except the doctor was delivering a baby next door when I was ready so they told me I would have to wait until he was ready. Thank goodness I had an epidural and could hold off. When the doctor came in I was really ready to push and he was taking his time so when he realized I was serious he told me to wait and to hurry and put his gloves on. Sheesh! She was born at 9:43pm and seemed so small. She was cute and hairy. She weighed 8lbs 7 oz and was 19.5 inches long. 


Chelsea Ann Lublin 




My Mom had come over on Thursday night anticipating me going into the hospital on Friday morning so she was with the kids and Marci came up on Saturday to hang out with her and see the baby. My Mom stopped to get us some food and came to the hospital around 11pm. 


We got a little bit of sleep through the night and then took showers and got ready in the morning. I always like taking showers afterwards to feel like a new woman! My Mom and Marci took our kids to sacrament meeting then came to visit us at the hospital. It was fun to see their reactions. They loved her and were so excited to see her. 



All dressed up for a photo shoot. Waiting to get released from the hospital. 



Going home!!! 

6 Fabulous Comments:

Sara said...

oh. my. heavens. mom was right, she is gorgeous!!!
i can't wait to see her in real life.
so glad that mommy and baby are healthy!

ericksonzone said...

Hooray! I love the third to the last picture of Chelsea. So stinkin' cute! I'm so glad that she's here. That is a bummer that you didn't get to go in when you thought you would be able to. I know how that goes. My doctor is notorious for not setting everything up with the hospital. Not so much fun. Congrats and take it easy.

melanie said...

She looks like one of yours for sure! I love this little dolly. Can't wait to meet her. So glad everything went well. Slow but well!

She is so adorable in the photo of you holding her, her eyes wide open. Love!

Granny DeeAnn said...

Welcome Chelsea Ann. You are adorable. So glad you are here safe and sound. Looks like you are winning everyone over. Waiting for kisses and hugs!

Rose said...

Congratulations! I love the name and love the cuteness! :)

Stephanie said...

Congratulations, Heidi! She is beautiful! Love the pictures of your older kids with her. They are just darling.