Monday, August 20, 2012

Swimming and Summer Fun

The kids love swimming in my parent's pool. It's always hot and sunny there so it's fun times. I'm just bad about putting sunscreen on them (you have to apply it so often, I forget!) so they are usually very tan by the end of summer.



Kate jumping off the high platform. I have jumped off of it a few times and it's scary! Those kids are brave to do it over and over. Kate likes to show me her flips into the water, hand stands under water, jumps while doing the splits and other tricks she comes up with.


Preston puts on a life jacket then jumps into the pool, doggy paddles to the ladder and does it again. He loves it and it's good practice for him.


Lindsey loves riding on the tractors with Kyle and my Dad. Whenever she sees a tractor she says, "papa" referring to grandpa. Here she sat on the tractor with my Dad as he smoothed out the dirt road with the loader tractor. 


Kate and Lindsey riding with my Dad

When Kyle was helping out my Dad on the farm he was gone a lot and thank goodness for my Mom's help with the kids or I would have gone nuts. Well, who are we kidding, I went nuts anyway. But it was hard because I wanted a break from the kids. I told Kyle I hoped he enjoyed the peace and quiet sitting on that tractor! But I give major props out to those farmer wives, like my Mom, who are practically single mom's during the busy farming months. I'm used to Kyle being home by 5:10 and home on weekends. I grew up with the farm life, but I've surely grown accustom to the city life work schedule. I don't think I could handle being a farmer's wife. It's hard work I tell ya!

1 Fabulous Comments:

melanie said...

There is just something about riding on a tractor with your grandpa. I have fond memories of it. Love all the photos of the kids. So sweet, they will love them one day.

Good job Preston, love him jumping in. So cute.

Lindsey looks so old in that first photo. Cute girl.