Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Girl's Just Wanna Have Fun

We had our annual Girl's Weekend over Easter weekend. It was a lot of fun. Jeni hosted it at her house in Pasco. She planned lots of fun things for us to do. We met up Friday night at Texas Roadhouse Grill and we devoured yummy rolls and yummy food. Then, we went to Jeni's house where we exchanged our favorite things. We stayed up late to shellac our nails with fun new colors. Then off to bed we went and we were excited to sleep in.

On Saturday, Jeni tried a new recipe and it was a yummy breakfast casserole with eggs, hashbrowns and ham. Then, we got ready before making emergency candles, four cute cards and a monogram board using moss. An idea off of Pinterest and it turned out cute. Jeni tried a new recipe for lunch, bruschetta chicken sandwiches, fruit, chips and raspberry lemonade. It was tasty. Jeni was super organized and we were amazed at all her crafty decorations in her house. She finds things for cheap and then turns it into something fabulous. We were impressed. In the afternoon, we went to see Grandpa and Grandma Wright before going shopping. We headed back to Mattawa late at night. Thanks to all our men who watched the kids while we were gone. We found out the kids had just as much fun and the men survived. :) Thanks to Mom, Sara and Sadie for some of the pictures. 


We all brought one of our favorite things that was $5 or less to share with everyone. I brought Dave's Good Seed Bread and my favorite floss. My Mom splurged and gave us mouse pads with pictures of all her kids and grandkids. Jeni gave us washi tape. Marci brought Bath and Body Works Soap and her favorite fancy pen. Sara brought us a cute insulated cup with a Spring printable inside and a snickers bar. Sadie gave us Mambas, washi tape, hand sanitizer, gum, paleo cocoa almonds and cute geometric kleenex. It was fun to see what everyone likes. 


Making cards and chatting away


Our pretty lunch we ate.


My Mom with Sara's boy, Zane. He got to hang out with us too. We kissed his cheeks lots and held him lots.


Our emergency candles. Simple and effective. My Mom helped us make them.  


 The mess of making our cute signs. Thanks to Kevin who cut and glued all those wood signs together. He's amazing with his wood skills.


A cute collage of pictures from Sadie of our cards, candles, signs and nails. 


All of us girls...we had lots of fun together.


Sadie and I soaking up the sun.


I was attacking Zane's cheeks. I couldn't help it but pinch them!


Waving goodbye to Grandpa and Grandma. They always stand outside their house and wave as we drive away after visiting them. 

2 Fabulous Comments:

ericksonzone said...

That sounds like and looks like so much fun! I have wanted to do a favorites party with the girls in my family. My friend does one every year and I've got to go to the last two. So fun! I love the nails, I so want to try that method, but I hear you have to have some outrageously priced light to do it? Maybe not? I love the projects too. I laughed at the picture of you and Sadie soaking up the sun - you always were a such a good sun sponge, so nice and golden. :) Oh, I love your hair. It must be a recent cut or I just haven't seen pictures of you on your blog lately. You look great! Those emergency candles look so fun and easy, relatively. :) Can you share the recipe? I would love to do some. What a fabulous family you have. I love to see all of the things that you're able to do together. And what a blessing that the in-laws feel so welcome and part of the family. (We hear so many cases where there are issues with that, so nice to not have to deal with that.)

I love you Heidi. I'm so glad you're part of my memories. You are so steadfast and inspiring in your efforts to be a good mom and wife.

Sally said...

How fun! It looked fabulous! We are due for one, but we are having a hard time planning a time around all these babies we keep having...