More families and friends are moving out of our ward. It's hard to still be here after so many people have come and gone. Our ward consists of a lot of young couples and families and a lot of older couples/families/people. There's not a lot of youth so usually people move in then move out after a short while. We've been in the ward for 8 years now. That's a long time for this ward. It's been a good ward for us. I'm just itching to move because everyone else is! Well, and plus I want a bigger house really bad. We are busting out of this 3 bedroom townhouse of ours. But with the lovely housing market that tanked after we bought this house we are kind of stuck right now. It gets depressing when I think about it too much. I have to try to focus on the positives like: I have less house to clean (big positive), I love the kids' schools (a lot), we have friends here (well the one's that aren't leaving), we are close to everything (freeways, shopping, schools, parks, beaches), our mortgage is fairly cheap (compared to buying a bigger house- homes here are SO expensive, ugh), our neighborhood has a nice park for the kids to play at (even though there are some annoying neighbors) and the kids are happy. Kyle and I don't even like change or handle it all that well so I don't know why I even want a major change. {sigh} I keep telling myself, "the grass isn't always greener on the other side." Or is it? Who knows. Time will tell what will happen.
Thursday, April 18, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 Fabulous Comments:
It is hard to make changes but when you see others doing it, it looks like a fun adventure. The trick is working to keep your grass as green as the other side of the fence. You do a great job doing that, I just read it in your post!
I went through a period where I really wanted to move - it eventually faded and I'm back to being content where I am at (for now). Try thinking about the negatives of moving - house hunting can be SO frustrating and a lot of work, trying to apply for mortgages in this market is a nightmare - we've tried - it's a lot harder now then it was 'back then'. So stressful! Not to mention trying to sell your house - keeping it in perfect repair and perfectly clean for people to come tromp through and look at it - I don't like strangers opening my closets. Then there is the packing and cleaning and moving. Once you move you have to relearn everything - the best routes to places, new routines in your home, making new friends, learning a new school, adjusting to new everything. See - you don't want to move - it's WAY too much work!=) That grass over is green but it's also full of weeds =).
I just caught the tail end of a segment on Studio 5 today so I didn't know it was on laughter until I just looked it up...but here is what she said,
"Comedy Technique #2 of 10: Turning you Disadvantages into Advantages: (see your so called "tragedies" in a new light- they become helpful to you) Pick one disadvantage. If you can create a list of 10 reasons your disadvantage is really an advantage you can develop self-acceptance and find contentment with the attributes you have."
So it was talking about atributes...but when you started listing all the things you love about why you are still there, it made me think of this...you are already doing it! :)
We'll be here a while longer, and we are glad that you will be too (for at least another year I am hoping). :)
I feel for you! That's exactly what made moving easier. I knew all my good friends weren't going to stay forever and ever. I'd hardly recognize the ward anymore, which makes me sad. Someday you'll get that dream house and have to be the one saying goodbye. But just remember, it's not so fun being the one saying goodbye either :)
I know nothing I say will make it better cause it stinks to want something and feel like you're stuck for awhile. That's how I feel about baby stuff, haha!! (see! Grass isn't always greener on other side! )But it will come for you guys. Time always passes so quick and you'll be there before you know it. Moving totally does suck! The process is so draining! Enjoy not having to do that for awhile.
I'll miss Seattle. It's so pretty.
We moved in that ward around the same time as you (both VERY pregnant at the time), and I remember lots of people coming and going. Lots of GREAT people. I missed them a lot, thinking that I would never be among the ones that left. Then... like everyone else... I moved! While I love my new area and new ward, I still also miss the old one, and all the friends I met there... and that was 3.5 years ago!
Post a Comment