Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Happy Anniversary and Birthday!

We celebrated our 13th Wedding Anniversary on May 4th. It was the most random day ever. We ended up doing a last minute yard sale because others in our development were doing it. I had a baby swing and other things that I wanted to get rid of. I went through our things the night before and priced them. Then at 8 am we put our stuff out and waited. And waited...for people! I guess one of the neighbor's was supposed to put signs out and didn't. Not too many people came through. We sold $19 worth of stuff. Not worth it to me. The kids played outside while I was in and out of the house. Kyle put together our new child carrier for my bike (for Lindsey to sit in) and our 5 bike hitch rack. I didn't sell the swing. My neighbor who is pregnant and due in June almost bought it. This was my first yard sale. I think it would have been better if more advertising was done. There were 7 or more neighbors that participated. 

After our successful yard sale (haha), we ate lunch then loaded up the bikes and trailer. We went to a trail close by at McCollum Park because we needed to get back for afternoon naps. We went on our bike ride which was awesome. Preston doesn't ride a bike so we needed more room to haul everyone so now Lindsey rides on the back of my bike. It worked great. The weather was amazing and the trail was pretty easy. We want to go to other trails when we have more time to ride now that we can haul our bikes. We came home, took showers, then Preston, Kate and I went to a birthday party while Kyle stayed home with Chelsea and Lindsey who were napping. We stayed at the birthday party for an hour then left to go to a baptism for Kate's friend in our ward. Then, we came home after the baptism because a babysitter was coming so Kyle and I could go out for our date. We went to Ivar's Landing in Mukilteo. I had reserved a table online and asked for a window seat (even though they say not to because it's first come first serve). Well, I checked us in and they told me they had a window seat for us. Sweet! When we sit down there is a personalized hand written card to us for our anniversary! Very thoughtful. Big points for that restaurant. We enjoyed our clam chowder and halibut fish and chips. Mmmm, delectable! After dinner, we walked along the pier and joked that we should go park the car and...take a nap! haha! We are lame. We ended up going to Nordstrom Rack and shopped. It was fun to spend time together.



Our yard sale all ready to go! 


This is how the inside of my office looked. Is having a yard sale worth it? I'm not so sure! I used the table that normally goes in here and holds a bunch of stuff to use outside so it's a mess.


Kyle had a birthday last week. He is 35!!! He wanted a low key birthday. He wanted french bread pizza for dinner and four layer pudding dessert for his "cake". 


I gave Chelsea some to try out. She was hesitant at first, but dug in and loved it. 


Messy cute face! I love her!

1 Fabulous Comments:

melanie said...

Happy Anniversary! I love you both very much. Glad you had a good, random fun day. Cute surprise at your table!