Happy 1st Birthday Chelsea!!!
Her birthday was Sunday June 9th and since we have afternoon Church she got to open her present in the morning. She loved ripping the paper off.
My parents came over for the day to celebrate her birthday with us. Marci came too and they all came to Church with us. My Mom took this picture when they first got here and Chelsea was so happy to see them. Adorable! I love that she remembers them.
Opening Gpa & Gma's present, which was 3 new casual dresses that my Mom made and a pair of saltwater sandals. I love all the extra help she gets with opening her present. :)
Chelsea's Cake. I was debating what kind of cake to make her and once I saw the ruffle cake I loved it. It's girly, dainty and pink. It was tricky to make because those ruffles can look so many different ways depending on how you hold the tip or squeeze the frosting out. I had a couple layers and restarted a few times. I made the ruffles with a #125 cake tip and many thanks to my friend Allison for finding it for me at a hole-in-the-wall place in Seattle. It's a big tip so the normal stores didn't carry it. I was happy with how it turned out. I've seen the bunting on cakes before and thought it was cute so at midnight the night before I was making it and thank goodness I had coordinating paper from Stampin' up!
She was trying to rip that headband off the whole time we were trying to get her picture taken. She succeeded. She refuses to keep anything on her head.
Crawling away from her cake. She wasn't too interested in blowing out the candle. ha! But she LOVED her cake and ate pretty much the whole piece! Thanks to my Mom for all the cake pictures!
Trying to share with me. :)
She's such a fun girl. She's a good baby and I'm so grateful for that. I don't take it for granted! We are blessed to have her in our family. Like Kate says, "I'm so glad Chelsea's in our family." We are too.
4 Fabulous Comments:
Such a cute girl! The cake was so pretty. I liked your yellow top too!
What a fun birthday. That cake is amazing! I love that you're making the bunting at midnight. Ha! You gotta do what you gotta go to pull off the look. :)I absolutely love you in that yellow sweater. That is stunning on you. So cute!
That pic of you on the porch with her --- I absolutely love it! You look gorgeous and so happy too! Happy birthday to her! The cake is killer cute
People ask me how old she is and I say 10 months. Then it kicks in! She's one and I just can't believe it. Such a sweet, sweet beautiful baby girl! Love you Chelsea.
Post a Comment