Happy 8th Birthday Kate!!!
A couple months ago, I found a groupon for rollerskating at a local rink and asked Kate if she wanted a rollerskating party and she was super excited about it. Her favorite color right now is green so she wanted a green rollerblade cake since she rollerblades. This party was easy to plan because the cake was easy and I didn't have to plan any games since we were just rollerskating. It was great. I did have the kids come over for dinner and then cake and ice cream before leaving for the skating rink. I wouldn't do a dinner again because no one (well except Kate) ate their dinner and it was spaghetti! I thought everyone would like that. Kate came up to me saying she felt bad for me because I had spent all this money and time on making her dinner and no one was eating it. I thought it was nice of Kate to be concerned about that since she's never really noticed or said anything about that before. So next time it's only cake and ice cream!
Crepes with strawberries and whipped cream for breakfast.
Growing up, I got to choose all the food for my birthday so I do that with my family too. It makes the day more special and fun.
Kate wanted beads to make bracelets or necklaces and she got the Lego cafe set. She was happy with her presents.
The kids at dinnertime. (Can I just say how I hate the lighting in my kitchen! The pictures are ugly!) The kids that came to her party were L-R: Alyssa Owens, Kate, Elsa Tessandori (neighbor), Lanae Chambers, McKay Burtenshaw and Jocelyn Digos (neighbor).
They all had a good time. Some had a hard time at first because they didn't know how to skate so it took some coaching and encouraging from me to keep them going and trying. It was frustrating for them, but it was fun to see their determination to learn. I was impressed how much better some of them got by the end. This was a fun group of kids and Kate had a great birthday. She kept telling me, "This is the best birthday ever! Thanks!" We love our Kate!
3 Fabulous Comments:
That is a fun and easy birthday. That cake looks great. i can't believe she's eight though. It's amazing how things take on different weight for them and you once they get baptized. That happened for Emma. It's not a care in the world to Oh I have to think about my actions now. Haha! :)
Yay for a fun day! Sorry that mine was one of the inconsiderate that didn't eat dinner and who had never been rollerskating before. Kids are kids, what can I say? haha. We love Kate and are glad that it ended up being such a fun day. I loved her baptism, too. It just seemed so perfect, just like a baptism should be :)
Cute cake! I love when they appreciate all your work. Great party!
Post a Comment