Monday, July 22, 2013

Summer Favorites


Our Stake does a 3-day camp for the Activity Day Girls ages 8-11. It's from 9am-3pm. On the last day they performed their dance and songs for all the parents. They have different workshops like hip hop, singing, sewing (Kate made a pillow case), cooking, art and spiritual. Kate told me she wishes it was like school and was every day. :) I'm sure all the leaders that planned this don't think that! I'm so glad they put this on for these girls though. Kate loved it and can't wait for next year. This picture shows her getting ready to perform the hip hop dance they learned. She's in a teal shirt with jeans and her friend Alyssa is next to her. 


We had some friends over one afternoon and Lucy and Kate had matching swim suits! So cute! 


Preston's people he drew. I didn't even know he could draw people like that so I was impressed. They made me laugh.


Preston was writing his alphabet and the neighbor boy, Dan, was copying him...even the backwards "G". haha!


I check on the kids every night before going to bed. They all look so peaceful and cute sleeping. I noticed one night that Lindsey had set up all the hair and makeup stuff on her dresser. It made me laugh because it was so precisely laid out. 


I have had "hanging flower basket" envy. My neighbor, Darbi, would always have the biggest and nicest hanging baskets. I would try to buy them from Costco so they were higher quality, but still hers was better. She would get hers from Fred Meyer's since her husband worked there and they got a big discount. So then I'd get mine from Fred Meyers and hers would still be better. Well, this year with Darbi not around I am finally happy with my hanging basket. It's been so big and beautiful. Lately, it's having a rougher time but this picture shows it at it's peak. I got it from Fred Meyer and it didn't look all that amazing so I figured it would die soon, but it's done really well. I'm sure if Darbi was still living here hers would still be nicer. hahaha! I do have to say that I put some plant food in it. Darbi's husband, Mat, was the one that takes care of their plants and he loves this stuff. I bought some and like it too. It's Miracle Grow Shake 'n Feed pellets. I've put it in all my plants. It feeds over 3 months. Love it. 


We haven't taken our kids to the movies for over 2 years. This last month we have taken them twice in two weeks! They are spoiled! We saw Monster's University and Despicable Me 2. Super cute movies and the kids loved them both. The minions are hilarious. The part where the monsters blow up during one of the challenges is hilarious too. 


My parents gave all of us kids this Stir Crazy Popcorn Popper as part of our Christmas gift and we just gave one to Dee Ann for her birthday. We have used it a lot lately because my sister, Jeni, shared this amazing kettle corn recipe with us. I love kettle corn so it's probably dangerous I have it. It's 1/2 c. vegetable oil, 1/2 c. sugar and 2/3 c. popcorn. You put the lid on and watch it pop away. It has a metal handle in it that stirs the popcorn around while popping. We use mushroom popcorn (the gourmet kind- It's better than the butterfly kind you find in stores. My Mom bought a ginormous bag of mushroom popcorn from Cash n' Carry and we all took some.). It's pretty addicting!


1 Fabulous Comments:

melanie said...

I want more popcorn!

Cute people Preston!