Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Nathan's Ordination


Lindsey and Reagan are good friends and have fun playing together. Her brother, Wilson, is in Preston's Kindergarten class and her younger sister Anna is Chelsea's age. I was watching Reagan and Anna last week for our rotation to volunteer in the boys class. I took this picture of these two and thought it was so cute. 

We made a road trip to Richland on November 9th because Nathan, Melanie's son, turned 12 on Nov 6th and was getting the Priesthood on Sunday. Big deal! I took these pictures on our way over to show the big difference between eastern wa and western wa. It's nice to get out into the big open spaces without any trees. I remember going over to Seattle to visit relatives when I was growing up and couldn't stand the rain and the trees everywhere because I couldn't see! Now that I live here I get used to the trees and weather (well not really the weather), but now it's different because I know where most stores are so I don't need to see as much, I guess.


We, well I, couldn't pass by Yakima without eating at Miner's. Kyle would pass by even though he really likes it too. It's mainly me that plans on us stopping. I plan my trip around this place if I can. :) The fries are delicious and the milkshakes are amazing. And hello, they have fry sauce! Not too many places in WA have fry sauce. We would come here after sporting games that we had around the Yakima area and it was a highlight. haha!

 Kyle, Dane and Preston
We got to Dee Ann's place around 1 pm and visited with her. Melanie's kids were over at Milo's house so we met up with her later in the afternoon once she picked them up and we went bowling. It was fun, but the people running the joint were quite rude. It was an interesting night! We picked up some pizza and went over to Melanie's and ate and visited. The kids had fun playing.


Melanie took some pictures after Church and they turned out so cute. Nathan is a good kid. He is getting tall and he's so smart. Kyle was able to ordain him after Church on Sunday. We were glad to be there with Nathan on his special and important day. Now Kate wants to go back to Melanie's ward so she can see Nathan pass the sacrament. :) I do too because the Sunday School and RS lessons were so good!

5 Fabulous Comments:

Granny DeeAnn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Granny DeeAnn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Granny DeeAnn said...

It was a great weekend and we had such a great time. Bowling was fun and dinner was delish. Now I'm waiting for some great pictures.


Michelle said...

What a fun trip! You and Brian both talk about Miner's!! We've talked about driving over there to buy peaches and eat there. Sounds like a lot of work for a burger! One day though. :)

melanie said...

It meant so much to me that you guys could come and support Nathan. It was fun to have you at church and hanging out on Sunday. Love you so, so much!