Thursday, September 4, 2014

First Day of School at a NEW School!

School has started! They are at a new elementary school this year. Preston is excited and Kate is a little nervous. She hopes she likes her teacher and the new school. I hope so too. We really liked our old school and the principal there. 


Grace and Catherine are neighbors and they are the same age as Kate. Grace and Kate ended up with the same teacher! Catherine has a different one though. 


Preston in 1st grade with Ms Daniels


Kate in 4th grade with Ms Dyer (who found out the night before back to school night, which was last night, that she was even teaching! That's not good!)


Walking the kids to the bus stop which is just the street to our development. I like this bus riding bit! Before we lived too close to the school so I had to either walk them or drive them to school. That meant loading and buckling everyone up just for a quick drive. Now I can send them out the door. Love it!!!



Preston and Kate are in the windows waving, but you can't really see them. The bus driver seems nice. The other neighbors said she's been driving their bus for a while now. The first week was a little rough for Preston on the bus. He bit a kids finger because the kid had his finger in Preston's face and wouldn't move it. Oh geez! I got mad at Preston because he cannot bite! Ugh! I guess the bus driver stopped the bus and had Kate move and sit with him for the rest of the way home. She came home bawling and was so embarrassed. I would be too! I understand the bus driver had to stop and do that, but I felt bad for Kate. Then the next day Kate came home annoyed because she couldn't sit with her friends. The bus driver was making her sit with Preston. I knew Preston would do better and knew Kate wanted to sit with her friends so I talked to the bus driver the next morning asking her to give Preston another chance. She luckily did and so far things have settled down and he's actually still friends with the kid whose finger he bit! 


The kids bring home SO much paper and handouts. This is after the first day and I was a bit overwhelmed with it all. They had a good first day. Preston loves school so he was fine. Kate said her teacher was SUPER strict and she doesn't like her. Since then it's gotten better, but in Kate's defense her teacher is weird. She's not sappy and overly nice when you talk to her. It's different. But we are learning to adjust to all the change. 

1 Fabulous Comments:

Granny DeeAnn said...

Here's hoping EVERYBODY has a great school year. Learn, learn, learn!