I think it's funny that now we have a play room yet the girls bring toys downstairs to play near me.
Chelsea is obsessed with babies and diapers so she loves this cabbage patch doll where you can take it's diaper on and off. She also likes pacifiers even though she never used one when she was a baby. I tried and tried, but she didn't want it.
I'm trying to decorate and paint more in the house to make it more homey. I got the kids' pictures up and that made me happy.
I painted the bookshelf black to go along with the other furniture we have. I like it a lot better. Other than it was stressful while painting because it was leaving spots and weird spray marks. I was using the Rustoleum double coverage even. I googled ways to make the spots go away, but the things I tried didn't seem to help. I said "oh well" and dragged it inside anyway. Well, once it was inside you couldn't see the spots so I'm glad I didn't spend more time figuring that out.
This happened. She's been interested in potty training for a while now, but with me working part time in the summer it wasn't possible. I needed to wait until I was home for a week. She caught on pretty good and by the end of the week had it down. She still has a few accidents here and there when we are in the car and don't get home in time, but overall she's doing good. Now we need to get her dry through nap time and bed time.
I hate fruit flies. They multiply and come out of nowhere. I was struggling trying to catch them. This looked good, but then they wouldn't go down into the glass. It was annoying.
I found gold spray paint and fell in love. I had fun spray painting a few things gold to change it up a bit.
Lindsey knocked over a big tall stool and it landed on Chelsea's big toe and smashed it. I was debating if I should take her to the doctor, but I figured they wouldn't do anything for a broken toe anyway. It took a while to heal, but man she was in pain. Poor girl. I tried super gluing it shut, but it still bled off and on. It was a hard one to glue shut. Usually, that's my go to and works good.
Yes, this is poo. And no I don't like potty training! Good thing they were easy to pick up, but ewww. It could be worse...like when Kate ate her poo when she was a baby! Now that's ewww!
Lindsey started a co-op preschool I'm doing with 5 other moms. She is super excited. We are doing it Monday and Wednesday for 2 hours each. Chelsea of course wants to copy everything the older kids do so she had to get a backpack on too.
I have been searching for new rugs since we moved in. I bought some then returned them. One night while looking online I found these from Target and fell in love. I like black and white stuff.
I've been on the hunt for a good used piano since we moved in and have room. I saw several on Craigslist and even went and checked out a few. One as far away as Mercer Island. I told them I would buy it, but then got home and changed my mind because I wanted to look at another one. I had to wait until later in the week to look at the other one because the owner wouldn't be back until then, but in the meantime I found this one on Craigslist and it was from a piano store. After I looked at the one I was waiting for, I decided against it because they said it was a Kimball brand, but it wasn't. I googled the name of it and it said it was one of the two worst pianos ever made. Umm, no thank you. Plus, the owner was asking a lot for it. So I looked up the piano from the piano store and they had dropped the price by $200!! I immediately called on it and then met Kyle after work (the store was by his work) and we went and looked at it. I decided I wanted it then. The bench had a hideous worn cover on it and they said they would recover it for me if I brought them material. So I asked my Mom what to get and found some at Hancock fabrics for under $2! What a steal! We had the piano delivered because Kyle wanted it, he said it would be easier. Yeah easier and expensive! It really was super nice to have it delivered though. But good thing we got such a great deal for it. It came tuned and cleaned up so that's good. We like it and I started teaching Kate piano lessons. One of the pedals makes a creaking sounds so I had the piano store owner come out to look at it, but he said it's a bigger repair so next time I have him tune it he would fix it for free. That's so nice of him!
Kyle and I got to go to a UW football game courtesy of our friends the Fullmer's. Bart works for UW as the equipment manager. They are so generous to share with us. It was a gorgeous day. We melted in the sun, but then when we finally got shade it was perfect. They didn't win, but the part of the game we saw was fun. We had to leave early because it was the day of the Women's broadcast so I had to get home so the babysitter could go and so I could take Kate to it. The broadcast was good and then the Stake RS did a dinner afterwards. They did such a good job. It was so nicely decorated and presented. Then I went to the movie, The Giver, with some other girls from my ward. It was an interesting show. I hadn't read the book, but I liked the movie.
2 Fabulous Comments:
There's so much to comment on here I don't know where to start!
Love the rug, the bookshelf and the sign. I am the QUEEN of the paper cone trap for fruit flies. Yours is set up a little bit wrong, the cone needs to be smaller. I'll show you and convert you. You'll catch every last one of those nasty bugs!
Super cute pic of you and Kyle at the game. That is SUNNY for you haha.
Everything looking great, well except Chelsea's toe. Thanks for keeping us in the know!
Post a Comment