Monday, December 8, 2014

Curtains, Oh yeah!

I have been on the hunt for curtains/drapes for my family room since we moved in. I couldn't find anything I loved. I even looked at several fabric stores. My sister, Sara, suggested doing black and white stripes so I googled that and fell in love with that idea. I found some really thick striped ones and knew that's what I wanted to do to make a bold statement. I like bold. :) On one of the diy blogs I found, the blogger lady said she got the panels from Ikea and then got black fabric and basically glued them on. Another blogger painted the black part. Well, since my Mom is an amazing seamstress (Vera Wang) I knew where to turn. My parents were coming over for a weekend to go to Snowflake Lane with us and then my Dad, Jared and Kyle were going to the High School football championship playoff games at the Tacoma Dome on Saturday. So while they went to that my Mom stayed with me and we sewed the curtains. Well she sewed. haha. 


Before...blah


After...love it! 


My Mom got dressed and I asked her if she purposely matched the project. She was embarrassed because she did not plan that. I thought it was hilarious so I had to get a picture and then another one of her by the curtains looking like a game of Where's Waldo. hahaha She's a good sport.



I love love love them! Thanks Mom! I seriously do!

The night before, on Friday night, we went down to Bellevue to Snowflake Lane. We go every year because the kids like it and it's festive and it's free. We met Marci down there too. It was supposed to rain in the forecast, but ended up being a great night. Not too cold and no rain at all. Last year was super cold and the kids were miserable so this year was much better. Yay!


Getting peppermint tootsie roll pops, I think Preston had a stash in his pocket. He thought he was cool for having more than one. I love that these toy soldiers walk on stilts everywhere. 


With the pretty snow princess


It was crazy this year claiming a spot in the street to watch the little parade. A couple older men were pushing and it was annoying. We had to hold our ground and keep them from pushing us out. I kind of miss how they used to do snowflake lane where they had the characters and princesses come down the sidewalks. I felt like you could fit more people that way.


Jared keeping Chelsea contained...on his shoulders. Good uncle.





Christmas music, fake snow, lots of lights and being with family makes it pretty festive. 


0 Fabulous Comments: