Friday, February 27, 2015

Valentine's Day and Other Activities


Kyle took Kate to a daddy daughter dance held at the local high school. They went with Justin and Alyssa Owens. Kate was excited that I let her put some lip gloss and blush on to get dolled up. They had fun games and activities there for the kids. 



Our faucet sink broke. There was water all over the cabinet underneath the sink. Once we chose a faucet and it got here (thanks Amazon) then Kyle quickly installed it. For the few days I didn't have a kitchen faucet I realized how many times I wash or rinse my hands. 


Our winter has been really mild. We've had some nice warm days that we took advantage of. The kids like going to parks and so do I because it gets them out of the house and it's fun to visit different parks. 



For Valentine's Day a friend in our ward offered to watch people's kids for a the night for a small fee. We jumped at the chance and went out to dinner to a new steak restaurant, The Keg. It didn't look too fancy from the outside, but lots of people said it was really good. Well, it was delicious. The salads were delish and the steak was really good. We need to go back. 



For our February Relief Society activity we did a chocolate tasting along with speed friendship dating. The lady that did the chocolate tasting has done it before in different wards she's been in. It was a popular activity. We had a great turnout and we discovered there is more to chocolate than Hershey's chocolate. haha. Some of it was disgusting and some of it was pretty good. The friendship speed dating was fun. The ladies has a couple minutes to answer questions that I had printed off and put in the middle of the table. After the time was up they moved seats and went to the next person. It was fun watching their interactions, their hand gestures and hearing their laughter. 

0 Fabulous Comments: