Chelsea looked like a hot mess with two black eyes! She hit her nose on the corner of her bed and luckily it didn't break the skin and need stitches. She just looked bad for a while. Poor girl.
My old neighbor and friend, Darbi, came down from Alaska to visit family so we met up at the Mukilteo beach and let the kids play. We also met up at her parent's apartment complex pool for swimming the next day. It was fun to catch up with her. She is liking Alaska and busy with a gym she is a personal trainer at. Her and Mat divorced recently and that is sad. The kids seem to like it up in Alaska, but they miss their cousins down in the states.
Asher, Logan, Chelsea, Lindsey, Kate, Dallas and Preston
Krispy Kreme was having some special with their donuts and so to be spontaeous and fun I wanted to go down to North Seattle with Kate to get some. Kate had never been to a Krispy Kreme before so I wanted to show her. I don't even like the donuts all that well, but it's fun to go see the store. Well, we are cruising along the freeway and about to get off the exit when I hear a loud popping sound and then the car starts to feel funny. I hear a louder sound and then slow down and get over to the exit lane. I tell Kate I think our tire is flat. I pull over on the exit and sure enough the tire is flat. Ugh. I don't remember how to change a tire so I call Kyle, but he's not too happy to have to get the younger kids loaded up and come down to help me. He told me someone will stop once you start getting stuff out of the trunk. I was mad at him for not being willing to help me so I figured I could do it on my own. I start getting stuff out of the trunk and sure enough a dude stops immediately and he could barely speak English. He pointed to the tire and said some words and basically we agreed that yes it's flat and I need help. He goes back to his car and pulls out this T wrench thing and goes to work. He was SO FAST! He had that tire changed in less than 5 minutes. It was amazing and so nice of him. I profusely thanked him and we were on our way. Oh and Kyle was right. Someone did stop and Kyle wouldn't have made it to the freeway by the time this guy had my tire changed. I was so grateful for this guy. He was probably on his way home after a long day of work and just wanted to get home, not stop and help someone with their tire, but he did.
The huge hunk of metal that popped our tire. Grrrr.
Kate loved the donut process and was so interested in it. I was too because I love factories and shows that show how things are made. We got our donuts and off to home we went.
Chelsea made an even more of a mess of her walls. That girl! Where does she get those markers from! Magic Eraser has become my new best friend.
I finally caved and started watching Downton Abbey. It was all the rage and so popular, but I wasn't interested at first. Well, after the first show Kyle and I were hooked. Yes, Kyle watched every single episode with me. At first he didn't want people to know he was watching them, but now he doesn't care. They are so good and we can't wait for the last season to start next year. Sad it's the last season. It was kind of fun watching all the episodes back to back. You retain a lot more of the story line that way. We have never watched a show like that before so it was interesting.
0 Fabulous Comments:
Post a Comment