Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

We went to Boulder Resort (aka my parents' house) and we had a good time, of course. My Mom was seriously in the kitchen ALL day long on Saturday cooking up a storm. It was yummy food. We even got a surprise when two of my friends, Kati and Michelle, from Everett called up on Thursday because it was raining over there and they wanted to get away from it. They were just wanting to go to another firework show in Eastern Washington, but to make a long story short, they (both families with 5 kids total) ended up coming over to my parent's house on Friday and Saturday. We all had a good time swimming, motorcycle riding (both husbands of my friends had never done that before), eating, letting off fireworks and more eating. My friends got a special tour of Mattawa (ha!) and the kids all got along pretty well. My parents are the best at hosting. They were so welcoming and I can't thank them enough for everything they did!!!

The cousins with Jared
Carter and Kate- I loved this pose of Kate (she is in some costume dress-up outfit)
Preston loving the water
Kate trying out the new slip-n-slide

Marci with Paige and Me with Preston
Kate's face during fireworks- and this was just the sparklers (needless to say she was saying "I scary" meaning she was scared through the entire thing. I think she said she liked one firework since it was purple.)
Me with Michelle and Kati
The clan during the fireworks show

9 Fabulous Comments:

Granny DeeAnn said...

Yeah for the 4th of July! Such a fun summer activity. You're right Heidi your parents are great hosts!I will have to let them know when I get to town!!! Picture time.....

Heidi said...

Holy cow! Your parents sound awesome--how fun! :)

Brenda said...

Happy Fourth! Looks like a blast!

Anna said...

Yeah, you are a blogging fool and I cant keep up. Looks like youve been busy and had fun.
The crunchy no bakes hit the spot. Thanks again!

melanie said...

Kate's sequins made me laugh out loud, she is such a funny girl. Love her scary face too. I'm glad you had a good 4th with your friends and family. You're so nice to give tours of Mattawa. Were they impressed? :) Yeah for great parents that make everyone feel welcome. It's a gift really. Can't wait to see you guys.

Stephanie said...

What a fun 4th of July! You have such a fun family and it looks like you all had a blast together.

Kahana said...

Looks like you guys had a great 4th of July!!

Lindsay said...

Love her swimsuit! Looks like a lot of fun!

Kati said...

You're family was seriously so amazing! Such a blast :)