Preston went to the eye doctor at Children's yesterday and he got a really good report. After waiting 2 hours to see the doctor (yes, I waited that long!) and Preston throwing up in the doctor's office after his exam......his left eye (with the displaced pupil) sees as well as the normal right eye! That is great news. The doctor kept saying how surprised he was that Preston is seeing so well out of it and that it is perfect vision. Basically, so far his displaced pupil is a cosmetic thing and he wouldn't recommend surgery because "why mess with his eye when it's perfect" (it may be an issue later if Preston gets teased a lot). We still have to go back in 6 months for another check-up and probably every 6 months until he is 6 years old or so (I hope the next wait isn't as long!). They want to keep monitoring his vision in case he needs any intervention. We are so glad he is still seeing so well and hope he continues to be fine. Below is a picture of Preston up close so you can see what his displaced pupil looks like in his left eye. Interesting, huh? I have never heard of such a thing.
Here is a video from a couple weeks ago of Preston jumping in his crib. It's pretty cute to see him play in his crib. I sometimes peek through his door enough to watch him, but not enough so that he sees me and he does some funny things like jump holding onto the railing then plop down and giggle, then pull himself back up and smile away. Funny boy.
9 Fabulous Comments:
That's a good picture of his eye because usually I don't even notice. It will be interesting at what age he actually realizes he has a displaced pupil unless someone tells him. It wouldn't surprise me if a boy never noticed because they don't look in the mirror as long or as often as us girls do.
He is so dang jumpy! I love it, you know my kids can't jump. Preston could teach Reed a few things but I'm not sure I'm ready for an active fellow, ha. And by the looks of it, he's getting close to jumping right out of that crib. He's so happy and I love him to pieces!
Fabulous news on the eye! So happy that he perfect eyesight. What a blessing! I agree with the boy comment and mirrors. If he's like his dad, not a whole lot of mirror looking will be in his future. Loved the video.
I can't wait to see the kids! He is such an active boy. I hope he likes me as much as Kate did. I can tell your days are numbered. I bet he goes fast when he goes! Glad about his eye appt. I'll put on my running shoes, the nanny's on her way!
I think he is going to have the strongest legs in the world. Are you sure he doesn't have a jumping bean in him? I've never seen a child who jumps as much as he does... he is so dang cute and happy. Keep jumping buddy.
That's great news, I'm so glad!
And he is getting sooo big! He is so cute and happy in his crib, I love it. Thanks for sharing!
Oh my goodness Heidi, he is getting so big! What great news at the doctor! He is so handsome!
Im glad you are getting good news at the doctor. I want to kiss that Preston baby!
YAY for good news! That's awesome. I loved that video of him in his crib. His squeels and giggles are so cute. I wish we could see you guys and meet him!
That is great news about his eye. He is so cute!!
Post a Comment