Last night, for family night we had a cookie party in Kate's room. She was so excited for all of us to be in her room and play. She taught us letters and then we played with dolls. Well, for our cookie party I had brought up some water in a water bottle to put in our tea cups. So this morning she wanted more water in her water bottle. She stayed in the kitchen for 2 seconds and then left to go upstairs. I was doing dishes and feeding Preston a snack. A few minutes later I could tell Kate was in the bathroom and could only assume she was doing something with water so I told her to get out of the bathroom. A few minutes later I venture on upstairs to find big water droplets from her bathroom to her bedroom and a HUGE spot in her bedroom that was drenched with water!!! What a mess!!! Kate said she was sorry and went downstairs. After cleaning up that mess I quickly put some makeup on and did my hair along with making the bed. By the time I got back downstairs I noticed clumps of hair on the kitchen floor. Kate had cut her hair!!!!!!! I was so not happy. I had her come show me her hair and then took a picture. I told her that was naughty and only Melanie cuts your hair. Kate said it was terrible that she cut her hair. She was crying, as you can see in the picture. Now she's going to have annoying bangs that will be in her face, great. Good thing she only cut the front part- it could have been worse, I guess. It's not even lunchtime yet so I'm nervous what more she'll think of doing today.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Girl on a Rampage
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

20 Fabulous Comments:
My poor little girl. Just be glad she didn't cut the neighbor girl's hair. That's what Grandma Dee Ann did when she was young! Aunt Melanie will have to get creative to 'fix' her do. Tell her Grandma Dee Ann loves her anyway! Good luck with the rest of the morning!!! Now I will have to get her the book, Stephanie's Ponytail! :o)
Oh my! I must say her bangs look cute! Hopefully she has learned her lesson!
Well at least Kate did a good cutting job! It almost looks like she has framed her face on purpose. I hope the rest of your day wasn't too disastrous.
Every girl does it at some point, right? I think Kate is starting to feel remorse for her actions. Twice in nursery on Sunday she hurt another kid and put herself in timeout. One time it was a complete accident and she felt so bad that she was almost crying herself. I told her we knew it was an accident and it was okay - I felt worse for her than the kid she hurt because she was so upset! I've just never seen this side of her before!
Oh! I remember getting into HUGE trouble for cutting my own hair. And scolding Keaton something fierce when he cut a chunk out of the top of his hair. You post made me laugh.
~Meegan
she is so dramatic! I wonder where she gets that from???.... :) And her hair actually looks cute in that pix you show. Poor Heidi!
I hate to say it, but her hair looks cute. It could have been a lot worse. Emma cut (butchered) her own hair this past summer.
Wow, what a day! I guess its good it doesn't look bad! But those are some huge chunks of hair! That picture is so sad.
What is it with kids cutting their hair lately? And it's not just girls. Abram took a chunk out of his hair last night. Another friend of mine's son took a chunk out of his hair yesterday too. Is it a lunar phase or something?
Her face is priceless! Those huge tears are heartbreaking! And it seriously could have been worse. The two times Carson has had his hair cut (once by himself and once by his brother) it was cut to the scalp. There was nothing to do but shave him down to nothing.
what huge tears you have, Miss Kate!
Oh, mama! I hope you survived the rest of your crazy day. That girl can't be trusted alone! lol As all your other friends said, we all do it at some point. My sisters cut and torched my barbie's hair when they were young (how they got the lighter is another story) and then my youngest sister cut MY hair when i was in high school-just before picture day...bangs for me too. It was awful! Just think, it could have been worse... :(
have a great day! I love hearing about your adventures!
Oh, I love those days. Luckily we don't have long hair to cut! She just has some cute swooping bangs now.
I missed this post! It didn't come up on my bloglines. What a doozey of a couple days!! The tears are heartbreaking and I hope she learned that I'm the one with the scissors, ha! It took a couple time for Kat to learn that lesson.... If you think she needs a trim up, I'll bring my scissors. The swoop will be annoying but it's cute in the meantime.
Poor Kate. She really does look cute. It could have been a lot worse. Ask my sister. She cute a huge chunk out of the back of her hair and had to have all of it cut off.
OH Kate, you poor little girl. The bags do look cute and besides.... brother has taken out more hair than that. "D
Oh my goodness...we haven't had that issue yet. She still looks adorable though, tears, bangs, and all.
Ohhh, poor Heidi and Kate! She's so cute, it doesn't look bad at all, but that's still rough.
Oh my goodness, i am so scared of that haha. Her hair looks cute though, like it was meant to be cut like that. Hopefully the rest of your week has calmed down a bit! :)
Avery did that too and it made me soo mad! Kate is still so cute!
I shared your experience in Relief Society this morning - our lesson was from Pres. Monson's talk "Finding Joy in the Journey". Sometimes the journey isn't very fun, is it? Blogging about it and having wonderful friends to support you and help you laugh sure helps. Cutting hair runs in her genes - and look what a good job she did!(just like her Aunt and Grandma!)
Post a Comment