While Kate was cutting her hair and spilling water in her room (refer to previous post), Kyle called to say his car had broken down in a town 25 miles away. He called to say his car wouldn't go in drive. He called around and got it towed to a Honda dealership near us and that cost $200 (our insurance will only cover half of it). Then they did a diagnostic test on it for $100 to tell us the transmission is toast. What?!!! It is only a 2003 Honda Accord with 80,000 miles on it. That shouldn't happen. They quoted us $4,000 for a new transmission, but we called around and found somewhere else for a little bit cheaper. Stressful! Not a good time for this to happen around the holidays. Oh well, it's just money, right?! They have to order the parts and it won't be done until mid-next week. It's been a interesting only having one car. We have had to take Kyle to work one day and today my friends picked me, Kate and Preston up (in two different cars) so we could go to Jump Planet for a preschool field trip. Next week will even be more exciting with more days of juggling the car around for doctor appts, preschool, me working and kyle's work. It will be fine, but always something to keep us on our toes.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 Fabulous Comments:
So sorry about the death of your tranny. I loathe the one car situation! I would've never made it as a housewife in the 50's!
I've stopped complaining about the $1300 we've spent in the last month. Thousands is much worse and I'm sorry you guys have all this stress and annoyance right before the holidays. Good thing you shopped around for a good deal and that you have such great friends to help with rides. I'm sure the outing to burn kid energy was much needed, :). See you soon.
Our cars always seemed to have major illness in the month of December. What a pain.
Wow, I'm sorry! I hate dealing with cars. I thought Hondas were supposed to run forever... I guess its true that "when it rains it pours." Hope you can make it with one car until you get it back. Having one car can be so frustrating.
I thought Honda's were supposed to run forever too!!! That is until 3 months ago when the the transmission started slipping on our 2002 Honda Odyssey. Our first car repair in over 11 years of marriage.
I hope you were able to get it fixed. The battery on our Honda started going the day before we were to leave for Thanksgiving. We got it fixed and cheaper than the one of the battery places, all thanks to our local hole in the mechanic place.
I bet you needed the outing after that.
Post a Comment