Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Festivities

Happy Easter!!! It was a busy weekend with lots of fun, family and food at my parent's house. Sara and Derek (her fiance!!! Yes, she is officially engaged!) surprised us and came late Friday night- they were supposed to come Saturday night. They were coming from Rexburg. Then on Saturday, Jeff and Sadie showed up in the afternoon and surprised us all too. They weren't supposed to come until the next Tuesday after Easter so we thought we weren't going to see them. I was in the kitchen talking to my Mom and Jeni when I saw Jeff walk by a window and I'm like "that looks like Jeff! What is he doing here?" I was very surprised. They had left super early from Rexburg and Sadie worked a miracle by changing her work shifts so they could come and be home with everyone this weekend.


Jared up to bat in his baseball game on Saturday. We thoroughly embarrassed him by cheering for him very loudly.


Marci giving almost everyone a ride on the 4-wheeler. We loved how Jeff was squeezed into the trailer and Kevin was hanging on on the front. I love the green grass- spring is here.
Kyle, Kevin, Jeff and Jared talking outside. I love this picture of them all talking outside even though it was dark out there. They were having fun sharing stories and laughing. I'm glad they all get along and have fun with each other.


"Painting" easter eggs (according to Kate)


The lovely family after Church on Easter Sunday. It was nice to be together at Church and celebrate the true reason for Easter. Notice the little girls' Easter dresses that my Mom made for them. They are cute and even have netting to make the skirt poof out. Kate wouldn't stop twirling in hers. (Sara's fiance is on the far left next to her. :) He is Derek Roylance from Moses Lake and they are planning on getting married June 26th in Tri-Cities Temple. My Mom has only 2 months to make a dress and plan a wedding. yikes. Pray for her!)

My Dad's birthday was on Easter so we celebrated that too. My Mom made a 3-tiered german chocolate cake! Mmmm... Both sets of grandparents were there along with my Dad's 2 brother's and their families. It was fun to see everyone.

Kate is cracking a confetti easter egg on her head (My aunt Sherrie made them). These were her favorite eggs to find. Whenever she saw an egg she would ask if it was a cracking egg. She was more excited for the cracking eggs than for the plastic eggs with candy inside.

Preston concentrating really hard to open this egg. I love his little fingers. He's getting to be very independent and wants to do things on his own. He'll even throw a tantrum if needs to.

It was a little windy and chilly this Easter so Kate was cold, but she refused to wear a coat. Oh well... at least her outfit is cute thanks to Grandma Dee Ann.

6 Fabulous Comments:

Sally said...

looks like lots of fun, as usual. Congrats to Sarah!

marti said...

So fun that you could all be together!

Carolyn said...

How fun. I love to read your blog. It makes me feel like we are not so far away. We will be in Wa for Mary's wedding on the 22nd of April. I am so excited.

ericksonzone said...

Looks like fun! It was good to see you on Sunday. I wish I had had more time.

yes that is exciting about Sara. She didn't last long out there, did she?

Granny DeeAnn said...

"Everybody loves the Easter Bunny!" Anyway that is what Kate told me today as she was eating her third candy ring!! A girl after my own heart. Everytime I go through my garage I see their riding toys. :o( I saw $29 tickets to Vegas.......... are you sure you don't need to come again? Miss you all.

melanie said...

What a good weekend! I am dying for grass that green. Ours is still a half dead mess. Yuck.

Congrats to Sara and Derek.

The confetti eggs look like fun. My kids would love them. Love the photos of the kids.