Thursday, April 9, 2009

What Happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas

We had a fun visit to Grandma Dee Ann's house in Las Vegas. Since we got home yesterday, Kate has been playing pretend acting like she is going to the airport to go to gma's house. She even got us involved tonight and had us "go to the airport" with her and bring our luggage. She's funny.

This was during our take-off from Seattle. Kate was SO excited to be on a plane. She liked how fast we went.

This was her most of the plane ride. She probably had a stiff neck the next day. :) When the plane would turn she would yell out, "we're crashing! Oh no! We are falling!" Probably not something other passengers wanted to hear. ha! Both kids did really good on the plane. We were nervous about Preston because Kate did horrible at his age, but he did great- thank goodness! The only bummer is that we left our DVD case with all our favorite DVD's on the plane!!! We are hoping to get it back.

Our first day there we went to the Adventuredome at Circus Circus. It's like an amusement park inside. These casino/hotels down there are HUGE. They are like mini cities inside. Kate liked the rides and Kyle and I felt like kids again riding roller coasters and twirly rides that make you sick.

Kate was liking this ride at the beginning...but not when they sent them in the air. She was SO scared. It was kind of funny. She ended up smiling towards the end of the ride and keeps talking about the "frog hopper".

Another day, we went to a casino that had this free aquarium and the kids loved seeing all the fish. I thought this picture of Preston pointing at the glass was cute. He did this most of the time. He was fascinated by all the fish.


We took the kids to the Vegas strip one night. This is Kate at M&M World. She was excited to go here and insisted on black and red M&M's. When she saw the wall of all the different colors of M&M's she wanted every color almost. With a price tag of almost $12/pound, she got 2 or 3 of each color. :) We went and saw the lions at the MGM Grand, they were sleeping- boring. Then we watched the water show in front of the Bellagio. Beautimous! If you go to Vegas this is a must see. Love them. Kate was like "wow!" when we were watching the water show. The Excalibur Casino looks like a castle so Kate said that is where Snow White lived. It was fun to take them at night so they could see all the lights.

We checked out the Children's Museum in Vegas. Target was sponsoring this Clifford exhibit. They had this red door that Preston played with most of the time. It was a cute exhibit.

Kate LOVED shopping in the "grocery store" at the museum and was in heaven placing the things on the conveyor belt to be checked out. She likes to help me do that in the stores so she really in her element. ha! I think she needs a bigger basket...

Gma Dee Ann with her grandkids. Kate is on a pink motorcycle (it's battery operated) that Dee Ann's boss bought for her. Kate had fun with it and Preston would steal it any chance he got. It plays a dumb song and Kyle and I can still sing the melody- it was played way too many times.
We did a lot and had a good time. Now Kate knows where Grandma Dee Ann lives. She already talks about going back. :) Thanks Dee Ann for a fun time!

5 Fabulous Comments:

Sharee said...

It looks like you guys had a great time-so much fun for the kids. It has been forever since I've been to Vegas. Both Kate and Preston have grown so much since I've seen you and are looking so grown up!

wandering nana said...

What a fun time. I've never been a big fan of Vegas so we have always just driven straight thru.... guess we need to check it out... sounds like a lot of fun. The kids looked like they had a fun time.

Heidi said...

Yes, Nevada's casinos are in a league of their own! When I moved away from Nevada and saw other states' casinos, I was like, "Uh... That's not a casino." :)

I'm so glad you had such a great time! And I hope you get your DVD's back!

Granny DeeAnn said...

The visit went by way, way too fast!! The kids were wonderful. You guys were OK..... Thanks for the help on the yard work. I still haven't found the book! ha Start planning the next trip to Grandma's house, she's ready!!! :o) XOXOXOXO

melanie said...

Oh no, all your favorite dvd's? Our kids don't watch too many anymore since they are in school so many hours. Then it's homework, soccer and bed. We'll share with you, which ones do you want. I'm serious....

I'm glad you guys had so much fun. Love all the photos but where are you and Kyle?