Monday, May 11, 2009

Celebration Week

It's been a week of celebrations. We celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary on Monday. We went to the Temple the Friday before and then out to dinner and dessert on Monday. The years have flown by and we don't feel like it's been that long. That's what you get for getting married so young! We've come a long way in those 9 years and we are both grateful for what we have now and for our fun little family.

Kyle's birthday was on Thursday and I had to work until 7 pm that night in a town 30 minutes away so by the time I got home Kate was about to go to bed. He had been home all day cleaning and doing laundry. Not your typical fun birthday. :) So on Friday I told him he could do whatever he wanted. I took the kids to the gym so he could have some quiet time in the morning and then I brought him Panda Express home for lunch (which it was Kate's idea to even get "Panda Bear"- she loves their orange chicken) then I made red velvet cupcakes for him. I think he ran some more errands and got a nice break from being home. I wanted to have a party for him and invite friends over, but if you know Kyle that is not what he wanted. It's something I would want!

On Saturday, my Mom, Dad, Jared and Marci came over for the day. They almost didn't come over because their well broke down and they didn't have any water. My Dad, the awesome fix-it man, had to get that fixed before they could come over so they would have water. The guys went to the movie Wolverine while the girls and kids went shopping to the mall. We met up with the guys at Spaghetti Factory for dinner and then my Mom and Marci helped me pick out new bedding for our bedroom. I want to redo it and it needs an update. I've had the same bedding for a while and it's ugly (right Marci?!).

Sunday was Mother's Day and it was a nice day. I did sharing time in Primary and had the kids make candy necklaces with a cute mother's day poem on it for their mom's. They turned out cute and I'm glad that's over with. :) Then after church I took a fabulous nap because I was exhausted from staying up way too late the last couple of nights. It was a relaxing day.

6 Fabulous Comments:

Michelle said...

It was fun seeing you at the mall! Glad you had a great weekend. :)

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Kyle ( a little late!) Glad you to hear you guys are doing good! Keep up the great attitude, in all that life is bringing you right now!

Granny DeeAnn said...

I love celebrations, as long as Heidi is the planner!! Happy: Anniversary, Birthday, Mother's Day.

melanie said...

That is a week of fun. I'm with Kate, I want some Panda Bear, yum. Happy Everything this past week. (Well, everything except the working late part).

Chelle said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you, Happy Birthday to Kyle and Happy Mother's Day - all a little bit late! It sounds like you had a busy, but enjoyable week with your family.

Unknown said...

HOW fun!!! I didnt know kyle just had a birthday I better get all the dates written down asap of all the bday before I miss another one! Happy bday bro I am sorry I missed it! It sounds like such a fun filled week! only one more week till jeff and I see you guys again we cant wait!