Friday, September 25, 2009

Ears and Lips

Kyle went over to help my Dad on the farm and I stayed home with the kids. I almost went with him, but we are going over their for Conference weekend (b/c Jeni is having her baby next Tuesday!) so I figured I'd just stay here. I decided to spoil Kate and buy her a new toy. :) Here she is showing off her new Tinkerbell jewelry set complete with earrings, bracelet, necklace and ring. She loves the earrings. She asked to wear them tomorrow morning after she wakes up. Each time I put them on her (they kept falling off b/c they are clip-on) she would wince in pain and tell me to be careful...yet she wants them on first thing in the morning? Funny. On a side note...she is funny when I try to take her picture. She makes this crazy "stare off into space" look. I have to tell her to just be normal and smile.
Preston's lip is healing well. It already looks a ton better. I think the stiches have dissolved and so now it's just a scab on the outside and small sores still on the inside where he bit through. He's not throwing up anymore and started to perk up and be himself yesterday and today. He actually is eating again and playing good.


He wasn't cooperating when I was trying to take his picture of his lip- he kept running away- so I had to lay him on the kitchen counter to try to get a close-up.

7 Fabulous Comments:

melanie said...

Oh dang, Kate is cute in that photo! She is such a funny girl, post a spaced out one. It sounds funny to people that aren't her mom. :)

So glad Preston's lip is healing well. He looks much, much happier with his eyes closed than laying on the kitchen table, ha!

Jeni's having the baby Tuesday? How fun. You know I'm going to want the details since she doesn't blog.

I can't believe Preston is almost 2. Crazy!

Granny DeeAnn said...

Fun! Every girl like new jewelry. Next you know what she will want? The real thing, not those clip ons. Glad little buddy is feeling better. Kyle probably needed a FARM day out. You know how boys like to play in the dirt. I can't believe Preston will be two either! How did that happen?

wandering nana said...

She is such a girlie girl. I love her pictures. Preston's lip looks good. Glad he is getting better.

Tawnya said...

Kate is too cute. I loved her "portrait" of Lucy on Sunday. She's very talented ;)

Unknown said...

You know how to get your kids to take those pictures...kate is seriously so beautiful! SHe is going to be a heartbreaker when she is older!

threelittlebackseatdrivers.blogspot.com said...

How is life as a working mama? Any luck with the job search? What an amazing experience to be working with 2 little kiddies...and still be supermom and blogging! Wow! Kudos to you! :)

Shar said...

wal-mart has adorable tinkerbell jammies right now. I almost bought some for kapia because she loves tinkerbell too.

Your kids are so cute! I'm glad Preston's lip is healing well.