Friday, September 11, 2009

Yee Haw!

We had a Sabin reunion with just my siblings over Labor Day Weekend. It was a fun filled weekend. My Mom had the theme "Yee Haw" so we did a bunch of cowboy themed activities. We all loved it. My parents do a lot for us as a family. We have good memories from all our activities we do together. I think that's why we want to get together so often.

We started off our reunion by watching Jared's football game in Cle Elum. My grandparents are in the chairs. They came from Ellensburg to watch. We had fun yelling and screaming for Jared which probably embarrassed him. hee hee!

Watching the Ellensburg Parade with the hats my Mom bought the kids. The kids loved it. Kate has never been to a parade before so it was pretty fun for her. She would get frustrated when they threw candy and she didn't get any. She did get some...but she just wasn't quick enough to get some each time someone threw candy out.


My cousins who live there babysat the kids while we all went to the Ellensburg Rodeo! It would have been more fun if we weren't drenched!!! Normally we melt b/c it's so hot, but this time it poured rain most of the time so we were pretty wet and miserable. We made it fun though once we realized we were already drenched and plus it makes for good memories.

Jeff being a nice uncle.

My Mom had these shirts made for our reunion. This was taken after we watched old slides of when Marci, Jeni and I were growing up. We loved to look at slides at my grandparent's house so it's always been a tradition. My Mom had all the old slides scanned and put onto her computer. We had plenty of laughs about awesome mullets (mainly mine!), 80's clothes and a trip down memory lane with our old house and friends. We also got nice family pictures taken this weekend so we are hoping at least one of them turns out. Preston was being a beast during pictures.

Kate hitting our cowboy boot pinata.

The cousins with their loot bags my Mom made them.

My sister-in-law, Sadie, took these pictures and made this collage out of them. I stole them from her blog b/c I thought they were so cute of Kate with my Dad (thanks Sadie!). Kate is always dressing up at my Mom's house. She'll live in dress up clothes most the time we are there visiting. A lot of the dress-up clothes are from when Sara took dance. I also canned 2 boxes of peaches with my Mom and Sadie's help. Gotta love fresh produce b/c we came home with corn on the cob, apples and potatoes all straight from the fields.

4 Fabulous Comments:

marti said...

What a fun family!

Kati said...

So fun! I'm jealous of the corn, apples, and potatoes - next time bring me some - I'll pay! :)

Granny DeeAnn said...

I'm worried about making amazing comments! Here goes...... Looks like the Sabins were at it again. I'm sure you made many memories even if they were loud. Pretty soon you will need to pitching a tent at Boulder Resort to accomedate everyone. No worries there. Just remember Preston needs his own tent. That is an adorable picture of your dad and Kate. Glad you had a great time. Lov U....

melanie said...

You guys did make it a fun weekend for sure, even with the crazy weather!

I bet the next parade Kate goes to she'll be sure to be fast enough to get more loot.

My 80's mullets will make you feel better about yours. I have no doubt about it. I'm just not so sure I want those photos made into slides, ha!

Who's planning the next reunion? Your mom needs a break!