Monday, October 12, 2009

New Finds

Lately, I've had some great finds so I wanted to share. I LOVE finding good deals.
Thanks to my mother-in-law, I have a new purse. And it's purple (they call it amethyst)! I found it at TJ Maxx and today was my first day to use it. I like it! It's a Kathy Van Zeeland and thanks to Melanie, I just learned about them. They are way cheaper at TJ Maxx, Ross or Marshalls stores.

Dee Ann also bought this dress for Kate and she wore it on Sunday. It was so cute and she loved her "butterfly dress". I found dark brown shoes to match at Walmart so I was happy about that. I had to go to 2 different Walmarts 2 different times in ONE DAY. It was annoying, but I had to get the right size of shoes (one Walmart didn't have her size so I was running from store to store!).

I also saw these adorable black shoes for Kate at Walmart and fell in love! They will be perfect for winter to go with all her winter dresses. They have a little ruffle on the toe and they are SO cute. You can get them in black or red. I'm all about the ruffles lately...on shirts...shoes...everything. I just got a black shirt for me that came with a ruffly plaid scarf.

Thanks to Craigslist I found this 4 drawer HON file cabinet for only $20!!! So CHEAP!!! They normally cost almost $300 so this was a steal for sure. It's basically new. We need to dust it off and wipe it down, but it's as good as new. I'm not a huge shopper on Craigslist b/c I get nervous calling/emailing the sellers and then having to go to their house to check it out...and then I feel bad if I don't want it. But I'm getting more brave. :) I was just telling my Mom that I wanted a file cabinet for Christmas and we figured we'd pool a bunch of money together to buy one so now I need to think of another Christmas gift idea! I was telling Kyle the other day how I wanted/needed one and he told me I should check Craigslist. So I did last night and the lady selling this file cabinet had JUST posted her ad that day. I emailed her right away and went to check it out this afternoon. I was lucky in my timing b/c other ads for filing cabinets were in the hundreds of dollars. So exciting!




9 Fabulous Comments:

melanie said...

Nice finds! The purse is great, I can't wait to see the bling in person. I love the ruffle shoes too and still get bent out of shape that they stop making the extra cute stuff in Kat's size. It's like they already want her to be 13. Hello, she's 8! I want the little girl stuff.

Way to go on Craigslist. You definitely scored with that file cabinet. I know how you love to organize and that's going to be 4 drawers of pure organization! Oh how I wish you'd rub off on me. After all these years, I'm starting to feel doubtful. You're an inspiration.

Sally said...

Cute everything! I'm jealous about the filing cabinet - I'd never thought to look on craigslist when we needed one!

wandering nana said...

Love the purse. .... and Kate looks so cute. I have one of those filing cabinets in my garage that I've been trying to get the Mr. to empty and get rid of.... he keeps telling me he will. We gave one away to someone who helped us move.... I have never done Craig's list, maybe I need to think more about it when I want to get rid of stuff we don't need.

Rose said...

Ooh, I LOVE the purse!!! Now I feel an urge to go bag shopping. :)

Granny DeeAnn said...

Love your KVZ purse! Of course I love Kate in her cute little brown dress. Remember I went to two Old Navys and then I ordered her dress online. I'm doing the same thing with a pair of shoes from Dillards. (for me) Ugh!!! I saw those black shoes for Kate and yes, they are cute and yes, I almost bought them! We just Skyped and Kate sang little bunny foo foo for me. Preston just wanted milk! Have fun on Friday at the pumpkin patch! Ha

Unknown said...

I love finding great deals! hello!...i love kathy purses! and purple is the perfect color for fall and the cold seasons up ahead! I am so excited for you there is nothing better!

Sara said...

Take me shopping Heidi!!!!!!!!!

It seems like you, Mom, Marci, and Jeni always can find the best deals. Hopefully I inherit that trait!

I love the purse, good thing I told you to get the purple one ;)

Heather said...

Love a good find! Almost got those shoes for elliot, but didn't have her size. Ended up with bright pink instead, but they still go with almost anything she has and if not she doesn't care and I try to let her do what she wants. I too am a little afraid of craigslist, but we found Justin's suburban off of it. I just make him do all the communicating ;)

Becky Noftle said...

I never find the deals, take me with you.