Monday, November 9, 2009

Disney on Ice

I got a steal of a deal on tickets for Disney on Ice so I took Kate. It was a fun little mommy/daughter date. I kept it a surprise for her (because you know how I love surprises) and only told her it was a show. Once we got inside the building I told her what show it was and she was so excited. (I borrowed my friend's camera so I could get pictures of this momentous event!)

Kate in front of Cinderella. Before the show they had a pre-show with princess dresses on display and then 2 princesses that came out to wave to the kids. Kate was in awe. It was cute. (She doesn't look at the camera long enough to get a picture of her looking at me so most of her pictures are with her looking to the side!)

We had great seats. Kate was so worried we were going to miss the start of the show.

Mickey and his gang.

Excited about something...

I loved watching her reactions. She was so animated. And yes, I splurged and bought her a Tinkerbell cup with a snow cone in it. They rip you off on the merchandise. I called Kyle to get "permission" because I felt really guilty spending so much on something so lame. Of course, Kate was more than excited to get one and now has to drink everything out of it.

Cars...I loved seeing these little cars spin around on the ice. I'm sure whoever drives them has fun doing it too. What an easy job!

Being silly excited...

Ariel (in her immodest swimsuit...Mom that is for you!). Kate noticed Prince Eric right away, he was in the far back of the stage for one of the scenes and I was about to correct her saying that Prince Eric wasn't out yet, but then I saw him too. That was funny to me.

I liked Ursula the sea witch, I thought her costume was awesome.

Lion King...the wart hog was funny.

Tinkerbell...Kate was most excited to see her. She kept asking when Tinkerbell's show was going to be on. I realized during this show that Tinkerbell has annoying noises like "ooh","aah" and "oh no!" in a high pitched voice. It was kind of annoying after a while.

Tinkerbell flying through the air! Kate's favorite shows were Ariel and Tinkerbell. My favorite were Cars and Lion King. It was fun to take just Kate to this on a little date. We had a good time and she was so happy there. I can't wait to take her to Disneyland someday! Afterwards, I took her to McDonald's for lunch and she was just as excited there because they had a playland. Oh to be a 4 year old again.

14 Fabulous Comments:

Vicki Sabin said...

I want to go!!! How fun. Thanks for sharing - I felt Kate's excitement. (I think I am still 4 when it comes to plays and events like these!) I love Kate's enthusiasm about everything in life. What a fun mommy/daughter date.

Sally said...

So cute! Betsy took Ella when it was in Tri-Cities. They splurged and got a hat. It looks so cute! I'll have to look for it here.

melanie said...

That is a fun mom/daughter date! I can just hear how excited she was with the pictures. What a precious age to be in awe. So glad you borrowed Darby's camera to capture just how sweet she is right now.

Love Kate's braid... good job!

The Cars are amazing costumes.

Granny DeeAnn said...

I'll bet Kate hardly had time to blink. She gets so excited. How fun for both of you. Don't be surprised if she turns out to be a new Disney Princess...... Kissable Kate!!!

Sara said...

Ohhhh Kate is soooo cute!!
She's actually old enough now to enjoy a mother/daugher date. How fun!!

Megan said...

Oh WOW! Little Girl Paradise! You just won the Mommy of the Year award (well for today anyway!)

She is adorable.

I have a digital camera you can borrow for as long as you need. It isn't small or sleek or anything, but it does take good pictures. Let me know if you want it.

M

Kahana said...

Im totally jealous you got to go!! I wanted to take my kids so bad! Kate looks like she had so much fun though!

Grossarths said...

I'm so glad you guys could go do something fun. I wonder how some of those characters can even skate with their costumes- like Ursula and the wart hog!

Shaila Lou said...

How fun!! Disney on ice is really cool!

When I was 14 ( no not 4, 14!!) my dad got me tickects for Beauty and the Beast on ice. I thought I was a little old to be going, but I still really liked it. I think it's funny that you got Kate a snowcone in a cup, that's the one and only suvenior I got, a snowcone it a Chip cup. That cup still survives at my mom's house 14 years later, although Chip is missing his nose.

Kati said...

What a fun outing! I totally forgot you told me about that. Bummer about the camera too!

Courtney said...

So fun, I took the 2 older girls too, and yes we have the same tinker bell cup, you cant pass it up! It is so fun to see them so happy, we were right on the ice and the people would come talk to the girls and wave, they were in little girl heaven!

Chelle said...

You should receive the "Best Mom Ever" award for this one... well, at least Kate would think so. I think Mommy-Daughter dates are the best ideas - a lot of girly fun!

Momma Nelson said...

The Sunday after the show Kate was so excited to tell us about her fun outing with her mom. I was BEYOND jeleous when she told us she went to Disney on ice. I use to go to shows like this with my mom and I love them. I wanted to go to Disney on Ice. :( I need to have a girl next. Glad you two had fun.

An Ordinary Mom said...

I am thrilled you had so much fun on your mommy/daughter date! We had a blast, too! And your favorite parts were mine as well. I was singing along with all the songs :) !!