We are back to one car now. The Honda is in the shop for an entire week! It's okay b/c it's a slow week for me for work so Kyle only has to drive me to work once. But over the weekend I went to Marci's to help her paint her house and a rock flung up and chipped my windshield. Then that night Kyle and I were at a restaurant with some friends and the next morning Kyle noticed the Honda was keyed along the driver side!!! This poor car! I guess it's a good thing it's in the shop. It's cursed right now.
Other random things going on...
Preston is sick with a cold and not feeling well. He's also been difficult because it doesn't seem like he's learning to be nice to other kids. He hits, bites, pulls hair and pushes. Lovely to take to nursery, huh?! It's rather annoying and I don't think time outs or slapping of his hand is working. I've seen other kids do this and eventually grow out of it, but it's hard when it's your own kid doing it! No one wants him around. He's the "bad and annoying kid". We are still working with him and trying to get him to talk in phrases so he can communicate better.
Kate is back in preschool. She had last week off because her preschool teacher was in Disneyworld. Fun for them! She loves preschool and I realized last week that I do too! She came home today with a new Thanksgiving song where you make a turkey with your hand and sing some diddy. It's quite cute. She had homework to do and we forgot about it until this morning when we were trying to get her to hurry and finish it. Oops. I guess we took a vacation from homework too.
I made some pumpkin bread yesterday for the girls I visit teach and instead of putting in 2/3 cups of water, I put in 2 2/3 cups of water!!! I wasted all those ingredients and had to make it again. Last week we fed the missionaries and we had 4 of them here. It was fun to have that many because we had some interesting conversations and there weren't any dead moments. They gobbled up the dinner and dessert. It was fun feeding them b/c they ate so good. :)
We got a new camera as an early Christmas present thanks to Dee Ann! We love it and I need to read up on it so I can learn to use all of it's amazing features. We had a hail/snow storm last weekend and this week is supposed to be rainy everyday. Today and tomorrow is supposed to be stormy. We've even had thunder and lightening storms which have been kind of cool. All this wintery weather makes you want to curl up on the couch with some hot cocoa.
Monday, November 16, 2009
One Car
Written by Heidi at 12:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 Fabulous Comments:
Poor Honda! It isn't fun only having one car, and to think we use to do it when we were first married.
I know what you mean about liking preschool! There is no school today and no Kinder all week! Parent/Teacher Conference Week.
I'm so sorry about your car! I hate dealing with car problems. Cooper can act the same way as Preston and it is so frustrating. It seems like nothing works. Just the age, I suppose (I hope). I make huge mistakes when I'm cooking/baking and it is so frustrating to have to just throw it out. I think I get distracted because I'm trying to do too much at once. :) What kind of camera did you get? We need to get one.
Sorry, I'm just now answering your question, but I did digital scrapbooking for a while but don't have much time for it now. But I still like to play around in photoshop with my photos. I really like Designer Digitals. They have more high quality stuff. There's a link on my blog. Is that what you wanted to know? :)
Car problems drive me crazy! The Honda is probably just jealous of the Burb! Hopefully this week will resolve the car trouble. Sorry you can't send Preston to the body shop for a fix!!! Maybe you and Melanie could trade for a week to see if it is the age or the boy! I want to see pictures with the early Christmas present! I bet Kate is so fun for her pre-school teacher. She is so ready and willing. I'm sure the cooking mistake has happend to Paula Deen too. You are such a good cook, what's one little mistake? See you before you know it!
I hate when I read the recipe wrong. I'm impressed you attempted to make them again. I think I might have just given up! So props to you. And that poor Honda, I guess it's better for all that to happen to it before it goes into the shop rather than after!
Hope this weeks a good one for ya :)
Oh my word! It like one thing after another... But at least it's all fixable and happened at the same time. I was reviewing my lessons in seminary I gave a year ago and I had shared the experience when Kate got lost in Walmart - remember that? Something so scary and yet I nearly forgot had it not been written down. So just like Preston (Grandpa) says: this too shall pass. Hang in there! (Thanks for your help painting! it turned out beautiful and got it all done!)
I will never understand keying a car. I just don't get it. Congrats on the new camera, what kind did you get? And as far as Preston's biting you could always do what Aunt DeeAnn did...bite back! I tried it once but I bawled because I felt so guilty! Good luck with that!
I agree with Brenda, what is with keying a car. Lame! Good to have it all fixed up and getting it done so soon.
Sorry Preston is sick. It is hard when you kid is the 'one' that is hard. I've definitely forgotten how frustrating the twos are. I'll always want him around, he's adorable even in this stage!!
Yum, pumpkin bread. Do you visit teach me? :)
Love playing with a new camera. I'm glad you like it.
Poor Preston. He is such a cute little boy. He seems to get so excited around kids. He will learn but it will be in his time... can't help it, I think he is adorable. Why do people like to be so destructive to others property. I just don't understand the stupidity of it.
Post a Comment