Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ticking Time Bomb

I'm still a ticking time bomb. I'm over 38 weeks and due on the 31st. We'll see when this baby comes. Preston was 10 days early and Kate was 2 days early. My Mom is on stand-by mode so whenever I call her she thinks I'm heading to the hospital. :) I have my moments of where I want to be done b/c it's getting hard to move around and bend over, but then newborns are hard for me so it's easier to have her inside and I should enjoy having just 2 kids for now. ha ha.

My last week of work was last week and it felt like the last week of school. It was weird to think I was washing my scrubs for the last time for a little while. I plan on going back to work in October if Kyle doesn't have a job by then- let's hope he does!!! It's been 1 1/2 yrs since he was laid off and it's crazy to think it's been that long. We never imagined we would be in this situation. He even has a Master's so you'd think with a good education you would be fine. Thank goodness for my education and that I can work in the meantime, but he's so ready to be back at work and I get sick of working at times! It can be so frustrating.

Kate and Preston are doing well and Preston even knows that baby Lindsey is in mommy's tummy and he knows where her bed is. We'll see how "nice" he is to her once she gets here. It should be interesting. Preston is doing better with talking. He's still doing speech therapy once in a while and goes to a preschool once a week. He loves it and does really well there. Kate is obsessed with VW Bug cars and points them out to us wherever we go. I never knew how many of those cars are around until she started pointing them out to us! She still talks about going to kindergarten all the time. She wants to go camping this summer (we'll see if that happens) and loves to play outside with all the neighbor kids.

9 Fabulous Comments:

Meegan said...

You're naming her Lindsey!? Cute! Keats STILL points out VW bugs, has for years and I keep thinking any time now, it's going to stop... BUT IT NEVER DOES!!! :)
Hoping everything goes well when the baby does finally decide to make her grand appearance!
miss your guts!
~Meegan

marcalicious said...

BOOM!!!!!!!

that is what needs to happen now. hee.hee. :)

Stacey said...

I can't wait to "meet" her. I love your updates on just the little things since I don't live close by to talk to you all the time anymore.

Good luck. Any day now...

Rose said...

Best wishes with everything!

ericksonzone said...

I was just going to come and comment to ask when the baby was going to come. Now i know the dirt. I hope everything goes well and that you find your normal (with three kids) easily. You'll do great! Hang in there. This is definitely the hard part - when everything you've been enduring comes to a head and you feel like you just can't take it anymore.

That is so crazy that Kyle has been out of work that long. Yes, what a blessing your education is. Poor guy! Jason would be going stir crazy too.

Yes, it is a blessing that we moved. This house is so amazing. At times I wonder if they really knew what they were doing in renting it to us and our five little monsters. I am enjoying all of their upgrades though. :)

Love you!

ericksonzone said...

Yes, I thought that you had done those at your reunion. Little did I know that they would succor me into doing it. No, it was fun!

Brooke said...

I keep checking in to see if Lindsey has arrived! I hope you're keeping as comfortable as possible in the meantime.

Michelle said...

I keep checking too! :) Today is the due date. Just wondering if Lindsey is here yet. I hope you are doing well!!

ericksonzone said...

Baby Lindsey! Are you here yet?