Sunday, March 20, 2011

Las Vegas Part 3- Last One!

On Sunday, we went to Boulder City to have dinner with family friends after Church. After dinner we decided to drive to the Hoover Dam and check out the new bridge that they just finished a couple months ago. Kyle and I saw a show about how they built it on Modern Marvels so we wanted to see it. It was spectacular!

We first drove on the road that goes over the dam so we could see the architecture of the new bridge.

Then we went to an area where you can walk out onto the bridge and look down! Yikes!!! I kept having scary thoughts of a kid falling over the edge or me dropping Lindsey! I took some pictures with my arm holding the camera sticking out over the ledge- it's so high up! It really is amazing how they built this new bridge. You can see in the distance how much the water has gone down in Lake Mead- the white part on the rocks is where the water level used to be.

On Monday, we went park hopping. We went to two different parks and then came home for lunch then left for the airport.

Grandma Dee Ann with Kate and Lindsey
(my setting on my camera was weird so all the pictures turned out really light)

Grandma with Preston and Lindsey and Preston kept scooting away from her- 3 yr olds...




I love these trees and couldn't believe they already have popcorn trees in March! We had such beautiful weather and the kids were pretty good for the trip (a few melt downs for them and us). We had fun visiting and kept saying "this is the last time for ____" since we probably won't be coming back if Dee Ann moves away. Kind of weird! We've been coming here almost every year for 10 yrs. Thanks Dee Ann for a fun trip!
I meant to also tell of our stressful time flying to Vegas. Kyle realized on the shuttle bus to the airport that he didn't have his license!!! What?! He was the one that kept asking me if I had birth certificates for kids and my license then he forgets his! They were in a pair of work pants at home he later remembered. Well, this one guy on the shuttle bus said "they won't let you through without a license since after 9/11." Another lady said, "they have let me on before without mine." So we had some hope. He had a picture ID from work and a credit card that he used and... they accepted that and let us through! Phew! It was so stressful though because I thought we'd have to fly separate or reschedule...who knows. Thank heavens we don't look too dangerous with 3 kids in tow!

7 Fabulous Comments:

Granny DeeAnn said...

It was so fun to have you come. I probably won't go to those places again either. I only go on the "Strip" at gunpoint! Cute pictures. So glad the weather cooperated. This week end is windy and cold.

Sally said...

What a fun trip! We have popcorn trees here already too!

Unknown said...

Looks like you had SO much fun while there!! I am pretty sure we went to that same park during the Ragnar Relay...small world! You are such an awesome mother...looks like it was exhausting but fun and worth it! That's crazy about Kyle's license! I am glad everything went well!!

Brenda said...

I have those same scary thoughts whenever we are dealing with heights (thankfully not too often). So glad you had a great last trip to Vegas!

Vicki Sabin said...

So glad you were able to go and so thankful you arrived back home safely. I haven't been to Vegas since 1979.... I think I'm due for a trip!

LizzyP said...

Looks so fun. I would love to see the Hoover Dam!

Hey, by the way, I get my super-duper light sticks at Emergency Essentials on-line. They're about a buck a pop.

melanie said...

The new bridge is unbelievable. Love the photos.

Still can't believe I called when your bag was going through security during the license drama, ha!