Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Let's Go to the Movies!

Tangled came out on DVD this Tuesday and I decided to have a fun little movie theater experience for the kids. We invited some neighbor kids and a friend of Kate's over for the movie premiere of Tangled. :)


My Mom did this for us when we were young. We would get money to buy food from the concessions and then watch a movie with our friends. It was a lot of fun so that's why I wanted to do it with the kids. Growing up, we also played restaurant where you got to order your food. We had a big chalkboard that we would write all the food items on and even used a fake register to accept the money. It was fun. Jeni has done this with her kids and now they want it everytime they watch a movie! Great...

I made tickets and ripped off part of their ticket and then gave each girl 25 pennies so they could buy their food. They liked couting out the money and buying their food.

Kate colored the popcorn bags
The girls in line at the concessions. haha.

Kate, Alyssa, Elsa and Dallas


Getting ready for the movie to start (I was surprised Preston joined in and sat through the entire thing! Miracle! The licorice and candy helped.)


Two of the girls hadn't seen it yet so they were excited to watch it. It was a fun afternoon.

11 Fabulous Comments:

Granny DeeAnn said...

How fun for Kate and her friends. You deserve an iPad!! BTW Manny is shrinking Tangled for the iPad. :o)

melanie said...

Can I just say it with capitol letters..... YOU are and AMAZING mom!! I love that you did that for Kate and her friends. How fun!!

Jeni said...

Cute! Fun Memories!!!! Glad it turned out. Next up...restaurant. :)

Vicki Sabin said...

How Fun! I wish I could have come! I would have sat still too...

Fern said...

What a cute little group of girls (with a little Preston on the side of course). I love how you blog all the time! I want to take more pictures and blog like you!

Unknown said...

I want to go to the movies!! Umm how bout popcorn and licorice please!! How fun!! Great idea heidi!

marcalicious said...

oh i {love} Movie Night!!! It was one of my fav things when a kidlet. And I would have joined you on Tuesday night....I would have brought 2,500 pennies and bought lots of licorce...

mom2ky said...

You are amazing! I will have to do this for Kylonna and her friends!!

ericksonzone said...

What a fun idea and tradition! I think I'm going to have to start doing this...!

Heather said...

Cute idea!

Chelle said...

Heidi, I've been meaning to comment about this post - I read your posts as they come up on my feed reader - but haven't had time until now. AWESOME idea & AWESOME post. Your kids are so lucky; they have the COOLEST MOM EVER!