Kate is 6 years old!
Where has the time gone?! Kate was SO excited to turn six. We had a friend party a few days before her actual birthday because of Memorial Day Weekend and people leaving. Her birthday is on Sunday May 29th so we'll do more partying then!
She has been planning this birthday party since last year. She is taking Ballet classes and loves pretending like she is a ballerina so that's what she wanted for her birthday party. I wasn't too thrilled on making a ballerina doll cake so I found some ballerina slippers that I could do. She loved it.
The invitations read:
Come Dance & Twirl with the Birthday Girl. It will be tutu much fun! Curtain Call- (date, time, place) Come dressed as a ballerina!

I was going to make a tutu to go around the cake, but I ran out of time so I just put the toile underneath the cake stand. Everything was pink, you'd think I was throwing a baby shower for a baby girl! The cake was strawberry and we had neopolitan ice cream.


I bought a bunch of pink candy to put in dishes. They ended up decorating their piece of cake with it. Not sure if they even ate their cake. Oh well...

All her ballerina friends. L-R: Dallas, Elsa, Kate, Alyssa, Tatiana, Ryleigh and Avery (Dallas' cousin who happened to be visiting, Kate wanted to invite her and since another girl ended up not coming I had extra stuff.) I loved how they all came dressed up as ballerinas and had their hair in a bun. I didn't even do Kate's in a bun and the girls told her she needed one. haha!

We played a few dancing games and they free danced a lot. I had burned some classical songs to a CD for them to dance to. By the time we were on our last dancing game the girls were all tired and sat down to rest! It was time for cake and ice cream.

She had a blast at her party and got some fun presents. After she opened Ryleigh's gift, Ryleigh gave her a hug! It was so cute. She has some cute friends at Church, school and in the neighborhood. I hope she is always a good friend.
7 Fabulous Comments:
Fun party! Preston looks like he enjoyed the food. Where did those 6years go? What a little cutie Kate has become. Wish I could have dressed in my tutu too!
What a great party! It looks so cute and fun, happy birthday!
Happy Birthday to you Kate!! What a perfect 6 year old birthday party for you. You ARE a ballerina. I wished I could have come too (but NOT in a tutu!!)
Good job Heidi! She'll appreciate all of your efforts when she's 35.
P.S. Love the cake and the decorations.
What a fun party! The cake and decos are so cute. What beautiful ballerinas!
Love it! Very cute on all of it. I was wishing for some of those treats as I read. :)
Post a Comment