Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thankful

Thanksgiving came and went and I never blogged about it. I realized I hardly took any pictures over that weekend. We ventured over to my parent's house and spent Thanksgiving day with Melanie and her family and Dee Ann was even up because Melanie just had a baby boy on 11-11-11. Cool birthday! The food was delish and we had fun visiting with everyone. It was a good Thanksgiving- much to be thankful for.

My Mom, Marci and I went shopping on Black Friday. We don't do the crazy early shopping and we like it that way. By the time we get to the stores they are dead. Sure enough, Target and Walmart weren't busy, but the mall was crazy and JoAnn's had the LONGEST line to cut fabric. It was the worst and longest line we stood in all day. But with 3 people taking turns standing in line it wasn't too bad. The guys met us at night, the kids were at Jeni and Kevin's with a babysitter, and us adults went to Texas Roadhouse. They just opened one up in Tri-Cities. Their rolls are amazing and the food was really good. I hope they build more in Washington. A side note about shopping is Jeni went to Walmart on Thanksgiving night at 9pm (their sale started at 10pm) so while she was waiting she called us to see if we wanted anything. We were looking in the ad and then calling her multiple times with requests. She got us everything we wanted and was home by 10:15 thanks to a nice self-checkout lady who helped her check out super fast. Jeni said there were mass amounts of people and she would have been there for several hours waiting to checkout if she didn't luck out with the self checkout line.

Lindsey riding in comfort on our way to Tri-Cities on Thanksgiving morning. She sat like that for quite a while. It was funny.

Meeting Owen Henry for the first time. He looks like his daddy and brother Dane. He has lots of dark hair and was a very good baby because he slept through the entire Thanksgiving meal! Lindsey was fascinated with him, it was funny to watch her with him.

Kyle did dishes after the big meal! I helped him, but he definitely earned some points by doing this. haha! He thought it was dumb to take his picture doing dishes because he says he does them a lot. (I don't know about a lot, but yes he does them. :))

Lindsey Lou Who got her first haircut by Sara over the weekend. She was such a good girl and sat still- well good for a 15 mo old.

The after shot...side profile shot...I won't look at mommy shot. Now she looks a little more grown up.

We got back from Thanksgiving and this week Lindsey and Preston both have been sick. It's been lovely. Poor kiddos.

1 Fabulous Comments:

Granny DeeAnn said...

Thanks for all of your help with Thanksgiving dinner. To me it was more about the people there and not the gravy! Loved seeing the kids. Why do they have to grow so fast? The picture with Owen is so cute. Lindsey was really interested. Hard to believe just a year ago she was about that size. I'm excited to come back in Dec. Hope we get to spend some time together. Let us know when you are FREE!